Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
https://www.nola.com/education/2019/02/ ... peech.html

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
Maybe the Class of 2019 will all get new I-Phones -


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21504
Location: Cincinnati, OH
sr wrote:
Maybe the Class of 2019 will all get new I-Phones -

"You get a phone! You get a phone! You get a phone!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:20 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
Noticed Blythe Danner will get an honorary degree - nice. Funny they don't mentioned that her husband was a Tulane Grad.

From the Advocate --
Quote:
Danner made her Broadway debut in "Cyrano de Bergerac" in 1968 and won a Theatre World Award for her performance in the 1969 production of "The Miser." She won a Tony for Best Featured Actress in "Butterflies Are Free" and garnered Emmy Awards for her performances on “Huff” and “Will & Grace.”
Danner is on the boards of Environmental Advocates of New York and the Environmental Media Association. After the death of her husband, producer Bruce Paltrow, Danner founded the Bruce Paltrow Oral Cancer Fund. She and Bruce Paltrow were the parents of actress Gwyneth Paltrow and director Jake Paltrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 2986
Love this Tim Apple guy. :angel:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
4 honoraries:

https://www.nola.com/education/2019/05/ ... ssman.html

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:58 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 20620
Location: New Orleans
love the comments! :lol:

_________________
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 11072
Location: Chicago
Currently lead story on Drudge Report


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 21504
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I hadn't seen that he donated Apple stuff to the Marsalis music school while visiting. Nice.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/05 ... ity-speech


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:32 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 3769
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:13 pm 
Offline
Breaker Level
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am
Posts: 374
JDTulane wrote:
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


LOL......not even a damn gift card?

_________________
You're killin' me Smalls!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:34 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
Congrats JD! How have you been?

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 3769
BACONWAVE wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


LOL......not even a damn gift card?



Nope! But I did receive my first loan bill :lol: :mrgreen: Such is life.

Waveprof I'm good! Now you can call me... LonghornProf? 1 weight off my shoulders replaced with a giant Texan cow lolol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:55 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
JDTulane wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


LOL......not even a damn gift card?



Nope! But I did receive my first loan bill :lol: :mrgreen: Such is life.

Waveprof I'm good! Now you can call me... LonghornProf? 1 weight off my shoulders replaced with a giant Texan cow lolol

Enjoy Austin, JD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 3769
sr wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


LOL......not even a damn gift card?



Nope! But I did receive my first loan bill :lol: :mrgreen: Such is life.

Waveprof I'm good! Now you can call me... LonghornProf? 1 weight off my shoulders replaced with a giant Texan cow lolol

Enjoy Austin, JD



Dripping Springs... you in Austin too sr? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 21305
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
Double congrats Jeff. We think and talk about you often.

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7705
Location: Dripping Springs
JDTulane wrote:
sr wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
Finished my 3rd Tulane degree this year. Can confirm, hoped for a free Iphone. Can confirm, did not receive. Sad. :*\


LOL......not even a damn gift card?



Nope! But I did receive my first loan bill :lol: :mrgreen: Such is life.

Waveprof I'm good! Now you can call me... LonghornProf? 1 weight off my shoulders replaced with a giant Texan cow lolol

Enjoy Austin, JD



Dripping Springs... you in Austin too sr? :D

Dripping Springs is Metro Austin. When you go to the original Salt Lick Open Pit BBQ joint you're in Driftwood/DSprings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 3769
Salt Lick YUM. Went there last month!!! Gained 5 lbs 8)


You as well Waveprof! Hows wavetot?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group