Here you go Navy ...

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
sr
Regent's Circle

Here you go Navy ...

Post by sr »

TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Here you go Navy ...

Post by TUPF »

I had no idea that the VF training squadron was so large, if that is what this was. Cool to see McAlister and Tulane Stadium for perspective. Even the planetarium, which was still there in the 70s.
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere

PeteRasche
Emerald Circle

Post by PeteRasche »

The amazing difference is how LITTLE the trees lining McAlister were! That's why you can see everything.

The planetarium was there through at least the 90s. Did it get torn down when they built B-School 2?

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:The amazing difference is how LITTLE the trees lining McAlister were! That's why you can see everything.

The planetarium was there through at least the 90s. Did it get torn down when they built B-School 2?
http://www2.tulane.edu/news/releases/ar ... he_old.cfm
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!

tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

There's a decent chance my grandfather is somewhere in that picture. He took some officer courses at Tulane after being selected for the V12 program later in WW2. Prior to that he'd been a radioman on the USS White Plains. When I told him I was going to Tulane he told me not to take the econ professor he had :lol: