The Question That Could Determine the College Football Season

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
JtS
Regent's Circle

The Question That Could Determine the College Football Season

Post by JtS »

To Test or Not Test: The Question That Could Determine the College Football Season

Article in the online Sports Illustrated

http://bit.ly/2yY61sH

Most conferences are issuing only reopening guidelines and suggestions for their members, since most include such sprawling, multi-state footprints. However, the Pac-12 will require initial and weekly virus testing from its schools, commissioner Larry Scott told 247Sports.com. Some are going even a step further. At Tulane, team doctor Greg Stewart is considering a twice-a-week virus test for athletes—a protocol that most if not all schools will follow once full practices and/or the season begin. “We’re making assumptions that all of them are asymptomatic,” Stewart says.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: The Question That Could Determine the College Football Season

Post by PeteRasche »

As myself and others mentioned earlier in the year, those tests will be faked more than a drug pee test if a star player tests positive the week before a big game... or, for that matter, if a positive test means the whole team shuts down for two weeks, they'll be faked if anyone tests positive.
JtS
Regent's Circle

Post by JtS »

PeteRasche wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:29 pm As myself and others mentioned earlier in the year, those tests will be faked more than a drug pee test if a star player tests positive the week before a big game... or, for that matter, if a positive test means the whole team shuts down for two weeks, they'll be faked if anyone tests positive.
Thus the title of the article?

I'm sure there will be the usual chicanery with the usual schools. The fact is there is no immediate perfect solution even with honest testing.

I assumed the NCAA would wait for the professional leagues to announce their restart plans. (The MLS players approved the return to play plan today). In the end, it's about the money.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

JtS wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 am... it's about the money.
If I used a signature line to summarize most of my opinions of the sports world, this would probably be it. :mrgreen: