Dorm intruder sought after sexual assault attempt against sleeping student

Discuss today what is happening on campus non-athletically; departments, non-athletic facilities, professors, recognitions and issues. No athletics allowed.
waverider
Cornerstone

Dorm intruder sought after sexual assault attempt against sleeping student

Unread post by waverider »

Tulane University police said they are investigating reports of a male intruder who attempted to sexually assault a student as she slept in her dorm room early Sunday (Aug. 22).

The department said the unidentified suspect entered three dorm rooms at Warren House at approximately 2:30 a.m. In the first room, he climbed on top of a female student sleeping under her covers and exposed himself. When the student screamed, the suspect fled the room.

Police said the same intruder then entered two other dorm rooms, “but did not do or say anything.”

The suspect was described as a “fit” man approximately 5-foot-7 in height, with short dark curly hair, brown eyes and without visible birthmarks or tattoos. He last was seen wearing a white Vineyard Vines-brand, short-sleeve t-shirt with a whale logo in American flag colors on the back, and dark-colored shorts.
https://www.fox8live.com/2021/08/23/dor ... olice-say/
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Re: Dorm intruder sought after sexual assault attempt against sleeping student

Unread post by TU77CAL82 »

Perp was a 19 year old Tulane student who lived in the dorm. Soon to be former student, I would assume.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

TU77CAL82 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:40 am Perp was a 19 year old Tulane student who lived in the dorm. Soon to be former student, I would assume.
Currently banned from campus pending investigation
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am
TU77CAL82 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:40 am Perp was a 19 year old Tulane student who lived in the dorm. Soon to be former student, I would assume.
Unless he has a good lawyer that will argue that he was drunk/drugged and mistakenly entered 3 different dorms looking for his own. He needs the lawyer and judge that the Stanford student had a few years back and he’ll be re-enrolled by Friday :?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:22 pm
WaveProf wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:36 am
Unless he has a good lawyer that will argue that he was drunk/drugged and mistakenly entered 3 different dorms looking for his own. He needs the lawyer and judge that the Stanford student had a few years back and he’ll be re-enrolled by Friday :?
Unfortunately history has proven that Tulane students often have lawyers who can do just what you are suggesting. See: Gimelstob, Joshua.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Used to be all girls dorm. I wonder if JL is still
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Yankeewave wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:53 am Used to be all girls dorm. I wonder if JL is still
It was until literally this semester. I'm not sure the reason for the change, but I know for buildings like Warren the changes were made because more students were living on campus and the space was needed. That would be my guess for the change to JL as well.

https://housing.tulane.edu/content/jose ... dence-hall
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Prob not enough girls want single sex housing