Tickets, Cars, Bikes, Apartments, Jobs (related to Tulane & within good taste)-
windywave
Emerald Circle

Anyone ever rent a box at Turchin?

Unread post by windywave »

Experience?
Price?
Worth it?

Doing my B party in a few months and the Wave are in town . . . .Thinking would be a nice day activity
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Anyone ever rent a box at Turchin?

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:Experience?
Price?
Worth it?

Doing my B party in a few months and the Wave are in town . . . .Thinking would be a nice day activity
Good idea! Would imagine someone on here may have a connection to get you one...

And I'll never argue against bach. party in NOLA. We got married there as well and had a long Memorial Day weekend for all of the activities.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Price?
Worth it?

Good idea! Would imagine someone on here may have a connection to get you one...

And I'll never argue against bach. party in NOLA. We got married there as well and had a long Memorial Day weekend for all of the activities.
Getting married here. We are going to a game either way (most likely) but if they throw beer etc in a box it might be nice, otherwise 10 bucks for seats and dollar beers (they still have those right?)
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Price?
Worth it?

Getting married here. We are going to a game either way (most likely) but if they throw beer etc in a box it might be nice, otherwise 10 bucks for seats and dollar beers (they still have those right?)
If you want to try your hand at bull/whale riding, I believe Bourbon Cowboy and The Beach will let you go free for your bach party. Is the bachelorette doing NOLA too?
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Price?
Worth it?

If you want to try your hand at bull/whale riding, I believe Bourbon Cowboy and The Beach will let you go free for your bach party. Is the bachelorette doing NOLA too?
A bunch of city slickers on mechanical bulls (although one guy has actually ridden a real one, he's from Iowa) means a trip to TU emergency room. Nope, she's going for more low key here. I'll look into it.

Also want to rent a balcony if not a rip off.
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Price?
Worth it?

A bunch of city slickers on mechanical bulls (although one guy has actually ridden a real one, he's from Iowa) means a trip to TU emergency room. Nope, she's going for more low key here. I'll look into it.

Also want to rent a balcony if not a rip off.
I meant just you yourself for free. We tried to get one of the other guys to ride, but they wanted like $10 or something. Tip for anyone if you want a free ride, just tell them it's your bachelor party :)

I would think if it's not a hugely busy weekend (Jazz Fest?) then a balcony shouldn't be too bad.
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

it looks like you have to have it catered which prob wouldn't be too cheap. last time i went to a game beers were like 6-7 bucks so tulane games aren't cheap. never been up in a box though. basketball games had 1 dollar beers when i was in school but not baseball. then again, baseball was really good then so maybe prices have gone down. we used to just sneak beer/flasks in and never had an issue :)
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Yankeewave wrote:it looks like you have to have it catered which prob wouldn't be too cheap. last time i went to a game beers were like 6-7 bucks so tulane games aren't cheap. never been up in a box though. basketball games had 1 dollar beers when i was in school but not baseball. then again, baseball was really good then so maybe prices have gone down. we used to just sneak beer/flasks in and never had an issue :)

When Turchin first opened, beer was around 4-5 dollars (including good beers, not just the crud beers). It has gone up about .50 a year every year, and has gotten expensive in a hurry.

Most of the food has gone up in price too at the same time quality has gone down. That said, the grill tent is still pretty good (although their prices have crept up quickly as well)------but if you are indeed forced to cater, I'm guessing you can't get food from the grill tent (just the standing concession stands).

They still have dollar beer at basketball, but students only.

As for the boxes, they look empty most nights I'm there. But that is kind of true of Turchin in general. Well not empty (the stadium) but very far from as full as they envisioned when they built it.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by BC Wave »

Price?
Worth it?

I thought of it once, for the same occasion.
I can't remember the exact figures but it seemed way overpriced and concessions prices were the same as to the general public. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it since they are rarely used.
windywave
Emerald Circle

BC Wave wrote:
Price?
Worth it?

I thought of it once, for the same occasion.
I can't remember the exact figures but it seemed way overpriced and concessions prices were the same as to the general public. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it since they are rarely used.
Shockingly no. . . .500 bucks off the top. . . Concessions extra. . . . I'll pay 10 bucks for tickets and there are dollar beers on the day we are planning on going so brilliant move guys. . . . .(Now if they let us have strippers in there and throw beads to the fans. . . . . .) :angel:
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

Heck, windy--they should pay you just to keep your rowdy drunks corralled in a room!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Roller wrote:Heck, windy--they should pay you just to keep your rowdy drunks corralled in a room!
Not if we're sitting right behind the visitors dugout.
#cousins don't count
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

Roller wrote:Heck, windy--they should pay you just to keep your rowdy drunks corralled in a room!

windy will be the one you see being asked to leave the area behind home plate for verbally abusing the umpires and using words they don't understand :shock:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Yankeewave wrote:

windy will be the one you see being asked to leave the area behind home plate for verbally abusing the umpires and using words they don't understand :shock:
Is it really abuse if they need to use a dictionary to look up what I am saying?
#cousins don't count