Please Read: Merging topics--Posts will disappear

Please read this for Admin announcements
Roller
Cornerstone

Please Read: Merging topics--Posts will disappear

Post by Roller »

We are going to merge the "Buy/Sell/Rent" and the "Ticket Exchange" topics into a single topic.
Unfortunately, the software does not offer a merge capability. Therefore, we will have to delete the current topics and create a new one to serve both purposes.

As a result, all of the posts in those two areas will be lost. If you have a post in those forums, please take note: they will be gone by the end of May. If you want them to remain, you will need to repost them after the new combined topic is created.

Regret the inconvenience. Progress is a bitch.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Please Read: Merging topics--Posts will disappear

Post by windywave »

[quote="Roller"]We are going to merge the "Buy/Sell/Rent" and the "Ticket Exchange" topics into a single topic.
Unfortunately, the software does not offer a merge capability. Therefore, we will have to delete the current topics and create a new one to serve both purposes.

As a result, all of the posts in those two areas will be lost. If you have a post in those forums, please take note: they will be gone by the end of May. If you want them to remain, you will need to repost them after the new combined topic is created.

Regret the inconvenience. Progress is a b[i]i[/i]tch.[/quote]

Why not just copy and paste them or move them to a different forum and then mve them to a new one
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Re: Please Read: Merging topics--Posts will disappear

Post by Roller »

windywave wrote:
Roller wrote:We are going to merge the "Buy/Sell/Rent" and the "Ticket Exchange" topics into a single topic.

Regret the inconvenience. Progress is a bitch.
Why not just copy and paste them or move them to a different forum and then mve them to a new one
I started to do that, but it turned out to be more complicated and to involve a lot more work than I'm prepared to do without a substantial raise in pay.

It'll get done. If the current posts have not had an affect by the end of the month, they probably are not going to. If the posters want to post them in the new area after it's set up, then they can.