Louisville's Perspective on the AAC

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Louisville's Perspective on the AAC

Unread post by WaveProf »

https://louisville.rivals.com/content.a ... D5JfI.dpbs

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Louisville's Perspective on the AAC

Unread post by long green »

Well, they put themselves in a position to get a bid to a top league. Good for them. I wonder how long it will take before they say they should be in the SEC or the Big Ten? Three years, I'd say. And when they get to that level they'll start lobbying to be put in the AFC South.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:https://louisville.rivals.com/content.a ... D5JfI.dpbs
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
While I don't disagree with your sentiment (from just their history and behavior, in general), the linked article is extremely positive for the AAC and UL doesn't say a bad word about it. Your comment would lead one (who didn't read the article) to think that UL was bad-mouthing the conference. The article is so positive that it almost sounds like an AAC spin piece.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:While I don't disagree with your sentiment (from just their history and behavior, in general), the linked article is extremely positive for the AAC and UL doesn't say a bad word about it. Your comment would lead one (who didn't read the article) to think that UL was bad-mouthing the conference. The article is so positive that it almost sounds like an AAC spin piece.
True that. And I actually thought it was nice of UL to be so positive in this article.

I just don't like UL. :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

you should have been with them in the old Metro Conference. That was misery personified.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:you should have been with them in the old Metro Conference. That was misery personified.
THIS. x 100000.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

PeteRasche wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:you should have been with them in the old Metro Conference. That was misery personified.
THIS. x 100000.
There are about 1 million woulda coulda shouldas concerning the Metro and UL. Jurich truly traded that behavior when he showed up and recently UL was a good conference partner. (I'm the psychologist here: maybe when UL started having mega success across the board it lost its "step child" complex? Don't know and don't care.)

Now to get aggravated about the Metro: how would you folks have liked being in a football conference with teams like FSU, South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech? That's what our buds in Louisville vetoed a few decades ago.