2022-23 AAC Bowl Schedule Announced

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

2022-23 AAC Bowl Schedule Announced

Post by WaveProf »

American Athletic Conference Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations
The top-ranked American Athletic Conference champion will be in the mix for the Cotton Bowl if it’s the highest-ranked Group of Five champ.

The American Athletic Conference bowl tie-ins and affiliations will mostly be based on geographic location while avoiding repeat appearances.

Also, like last season, the American Athletic Conference bowl tie-ins are a bit loose. The ESPN owned and operated bowls might make a push to move teams around to create the best possible matchups.

The conference is supposed to get a spot in the Military Bowl in 2021, 2023, and 2025, and it’s in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in 2020, 2022, and 2024, but it’ll likely get spots in both in 2022.

The American Athletic will get teams in these bowl slots …

– Fenway Bowl vs ACC

– Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs Conference USA

– Military Bowl Presented by Peraton vs ACC

– Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl vs Army

The American Athletic Conference will get a chance at putting four teams in these bowls …

– PUBG MOBILE New Mexico Bowl vs Mountain West

– RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five or Army

– SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs ACC, Big 12, or Pac-12

– Tailgreeter Cure Bowl vs Group of Five or Army

– TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl vs SEC

– Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five or Army

– Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl vs ACC, Pac-12, or SEC
Last edited by WaveProf on Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: 2016-17 AAC Bowl Schedule Announced

Post by WaveProf »

Stickie please?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Which order are the teams placed into those bowls?
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Matt--- AAC doesn't rank them, it places. Partially based on location in relation to school and partially based on potential opponent (giving us a chance to win games as a conference)
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Recently, by happenstance, bought tickets to a concert in Birmingham Wednesday December 28. Just realized could be really, really fortuitous if a certain footabll team happened to qualify for the Birmingham bowl.....and if a certain SEC team we know keeps tanking and ends up getting the last SEC bowl spot :angel: :angel: :angel:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

For obvious reasons (if you know me), that bowl works best for me too and I'd be there for sure (probably there through NY).
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

La tech currently beating SMU 42-10 at the HALF (SMU scored their only TD with :15 left in the half).

At least 5 turnovers, including a pick six (may be two).
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote:La tech currently beating SMU 42-10 at the HALF (SMU scored their only TD with :15 left in the half).

At least 5 turnovers, including a pick six (may be two).
Two pick-sixes as well as at least two TDs by Teddy Veal (I stopped watching).
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Re: 2018-19 AAC Bowl Schedule Announced

Post by IM42lane »

I wish that this league had an AUTOMATIC tie-in with the Liberty Bowl.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

IM42lane wrote:I wish that this league had an AUTOMATIC tie-in with the Liberty Bowl.
The P5 gave the Liberty a "drop a G5 tie in or we are out" ultimatum, and they took it. If the P5 fails to have two teams for the Liberty, our conference (along with CUSA) has a secondary relationship to fill it
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Weeeeeee
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
BC Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by BC Wave »

The first post COVID outbreak post on this board!!!🥳

Upon further review, it is not!

I had assumed the first thread had the most recent post, but alas, I did not take into account that the first thread is a “sticky”

Mea culpa!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

BC Wave wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:08 am The first post COVID outbreak post on this board!!!🥳

Upon further review, it is not!

I had assumed the first thread had the most recent post, but alas, I did not take into account that the first thread is a “sticky”

Mea culpa!

I'll try to remember to come back on tomorrow and update this stickie. COVID got me out of the habit + being locked out (semi intentionally) for three months every summer (which used to be when I had a) more time & b) the interest because nothing else Tulane was going on) hasn't helped either
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Somewhere on the main board I posted the tie ins which may help. I copied straight from the AAC site.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Prof, what kind of updates can there possibly be on a 4 year old bowl schedule?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: 2022-23 AAC Bowl Schedule Announced

Post by Baywave1 »

Kind and timely request. I saw the SMU La Tech score post above and immediately thought “Soften them up for us”
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Is it now a "sure thing" that the AAC will be in the Cotton Bowl on Jan.2, regardless of the result of pending games?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Roller wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:11 pm Is it now a "sure thing" that the AAC will be in the Cotton Bowl on Jan.2, regardless of the result of pending games?
I would say not yet but after this weekend it could be. Everyone has 3 games left which is plenty of time for things to fall apart. If you saw my post in another thread where I joked about "total chaos", that sorta explains. And Coastal Carolina is close enough at the AAC's heels to take advantage.

After this weekend, the AAC could have, what was it, 5 or 6 teams with 2 losses? Doubtful but possible. And though that scenario would have us still with none, there are 2 weeks left, and an AAC CG with something like SMU against ECU with SMU winning would not be good.
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Coastal Carolina lost their qb McCall for the rest of the season. They play usm this week, so that would be a nice help for the mustard buzzards to win that one
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Didn’t McCall enter portal?
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Baywave1 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:53 am Didn’t McCall enter portal?
Yep. The early reports of done for the season were over aggressive. I think he came back for their last game or two. But he is now in the portal. Some expect him to follow Chadwell to liberty