Jahmal MacMurray

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
doc
President's Circle

Jahmal MacMurray

Post by doc »

South Florida's best player and arguably the best PG in the AAC is leaving school. He is only a sophomore. I look for him to land at a big time program. After his freshman season, I believe he considered entering the NBA draft.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Jahmal MacMurray

Post by Baywave1 »

Well since he was already suspended once this season there is obviously serious subtext to the story. Coach was gracious in his comments. Interesting sidelight to below reporting. Look at last paragraph. As others sometimes noted here, Conroy's churning of the roster was at mainstream level and comparable to Antigua's.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/jah ... ll/2306986
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I saw the OP and my first thought was "I guess even USF, at some point, says 'c'mon, you gotta go to class at least once in a while to uphold the pretense...'" and he was like "Class? I'm outta here".
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

PeteRasche wrote:I saw the OP and my first thought was "I guess even USF, at some point, says 'c'mon, you gotta go to class at least once in a while to uphold the pretense...'" and he was like "Class? I'm outta here".
:lol: :lol:
doc
President's Circle

Post by doc »

Jahmal MacMurray transfers to SMU-he will be eligible in the second semester next year. The rich get richer.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

doc wrote:Jahmal MacMurray transfers to SMU-he will be eligible in the second semester next year. The rich get richer.
Does he know Larry Brown isn't there anymore? Or does their new coach not really worry about academics either?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I was curious about his being eligible in December 2017 because without a USF release he would have to sit out two years. With some notable exceptions, most schools will not release a transferring player to go to an in-conference rival. However apparently he has enrolled in a JUCO to get around that problem (and presumably to keep in competitive basketball shape.)