UCF selling endzone cabanas

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

UCF selling endzone cabanas

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... watch-game

I guess this was inevitable? Should be a unique game experience though I wouldn't pay what they're asking.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: UCF selling endzone cabanas

Unread post by windywave »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... watch-game

I guess this was inevitable? Should be a unique game experience though I wouldn't pay what they're asking.
It's about 250 a game p/p. I think it would be cool except you can't see
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tulaneoutlaw »

Yeah it's the sight lines that deter me at that price.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

I don't think I'd want to watch a game in a cabana if it was free and had good sight lines. Alter those two things and I have even less interest. The Glazier tix I've been gifted makes one feel too "removed" from the game as it is. A cabana?

If I want to go to a party or to have my ego stroked, I'll somewhere to do one of those two things. If I want to watch a game, I want to watch a game.

That said. This is, sadly, the wave of the future.

Irony of Ironies, matt moscona, the LSU hack, who made fun of Yulman last fall relentlessly for being so small........did a whole rant yesterday how about "stuff like what UCF is doing is the wave of the future".......arguing that "small is the way to go"......that the San Diego Chargers are smart for "considering playing in a 30K stadium with lots of luxury suites".......and arguing that LSU should knock one upper deck off of Tiger Stadium, shrink by 30K, and add more luxury suites. So, basically, Tulane is ahead of the curve by his own rubrick, but he still wants to openly mock us.....
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Well those of us with baseball Wave Sweep shirts already have the proper attire to wear in a UCF stadium cabana when we return there in a few years.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Baywave1 wrote:Well those of us with baseball Wave Sweep shirts already have the proper attire to wear in a UCF stadium cabana when we return there in a few years.
I LIKE
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

For $22,000, they better be air conditioned. It appears they aren't.

So people are paying exorbitant fees for free food, tickets, parking, shade overhead (though likely less air movement and therefore stagnant stuffiness) and the "cache" of saying you have a cabana. And I suppose you could put a price on exclusive restrooms. Otherwise you're getting terrible sightlines and still have to buy drinks. Duh.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Unread post by MNAlum »

Baywave1 wrote:Well those of us with baseball Wave Sweep shirts already have the proper attire to wear in a UCF stadium cabana when we return there in a few years.
Now there is an idea for TD. Sweep shirts adorned with the Angry Wave in a Hawaiian pattern. Doubles for football game day wear when its hot at Yulman!