Aresco Contract Extension

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
TU77CAL82
Coach Level

Aresco Contract Extension

Post by TU77CAL82 »

The American Athletic Conference Board of Directors has announced that the contract of Commissioner Mike Aresco has been extended through June 2022.
http://theamerican.org/news/2017/5/8/GE ... 73828.aspx
“Mike Aresco has done an outstanding job of leading the American Athletic Conference through its early years and I am very happy that he will continue on with us,” said Susan Herbst, President of the University of Connecticut and Chair of The American’s Board of Directors. “Mike is a strong commissioner who is respected by the presidents and institutions within the Conference. It is important for The American to have excellent, consistent leadership and that is what Mike provides.”
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: Aresco Contract Extension

Post by Baywave1 »

Aresco extension is well merited. Glad AAC is fighting to keep him.

Commissioners matter. Just think of CUSA w/Slive and then his successor and what a difference Slive made to SEC.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Nice to be in a conference finally where we all tend to really like our Commissioner and have faith in him
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I think the Big 12's decision to stand pat was a hard wake up call to a number of AAC schools that what Aresco has been preaching, namely that we should stick together work hard and prosper together, is the best way to go forward. He's been a really terrific Commish I like him.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I approve! He's been proactive in doing things within, and outside of, the conference to make it better as a whole.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson