AAC in Top 25

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

AAC in Top 25

Unread post by WaveProf »

I always put a lot more stock in the AP (comes out later today) than the coach's poll, but in the coach's the AAC has THREE teams in the top 25 now (#15 USF, #21 UCF, and #24 Navy) plus one more receiving votes (Memphis).

That's 1/3 of our conference.

For comparison, the SEC also has 3 teams in the top 25 (plus 6 more receiving votes).
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Re: AAC in Top 25

Unread post by Baywave1 »

UCF looked strong last night. I was hoping for midnight football but Lane Kiffen does not coach UC. Good for AAC.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

AP too:

#18 USF, #22 UCF, #25 Navy. Memphis also getting votes.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Still have 3 teams in the top 25 for the Coach's poll and the CFP top 25. Two spots in the AP (with USF being the "first team out")

No other G5 team cracks any of the top 25s.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Ray »

WaveProf wrote:Still have 3 teams in the top 25 for the Coach's poll and the CFP top 25. Two spots in the AP (with USF being the "first team out")

No other G5 team cracks any of the top 25s.
Our conference is getting more & more respect.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I hate to say it but I don't think USF is that good. They have an incredibly soft schedule. I think they get spanked by UCF and if they play anyone halfway respectable in a bowl they get whooped there, too.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote:I hate to say it but I don't think USF is that good. They have an incredibly soft schedule. I think they get spanked by UCF and if they play anyone halfway respectable in a bowl they get whooped there, too.
Agreed