It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 pm 
Emerald Circle

East Carolina Has Already Won Signing Day With Incredible Letters of Intent

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 pm 
Emerald Circle

I've always had a fascination with pirate lore so that's really cool.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:38 pm 
Regent's Circle

Everyone has a bit of Pirate in them; I don't know anyone who hasn't let loose an "arrrrrgh" at one time or another. Every parrothead belts out the words to the second verse of Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate looks at 40" (Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late; the cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder, I'm an over-40 victim of fate, arriving too late, arriving too late."

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:05 pm 
Cornerstone

As for me, I'm starting to tire of pirates. I've been in Fernandina for a year and a half now, and everywhere I look, it's about pirates.
Pirate lore is a big part of the town's history, and they make the most of it. Of course, the local schools all have Pirates as their mascot. And every May, they have the "8 Flags Shrimp Festival," which is a HUGE affair for such a small community (the population more than quadruples for that weekend); included in the festivities is a pirate invasion, where pirates storm ashore and take over the waterfront downtown--that scene gets repeated several times over the weekend. Pirates in full costume all over the place. And every parade--regardless of the theme--includes pirates. Last weekend, we had the annual "Dickens on Centre" celebration (Centre St. is the main street downtown), with actors strolling the street in mid-18th century garb, regaling everyone with Dickens lore, doing improv skits, and there was even a mock up of an English Pub of the era selling adult bevarages. But there, mixed in with the festivities were dozens of --you guessed it-- pirates.
:roll:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:42 pm 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
As for me, I'm starting to tire of pirates. I've been in Fernandina for a year and a half now, and everywhere I look, it's about pirates.
Pirate lore is a big part of the town's history, and they make the most of it. Of course, the local schools all have Pirates as their mascot. And every May, they have the "8 Flags Shrimp Festival," which is a HUGE affair for such a small community (the population more than quadruples for that weekend); included in the festivities is a pirate invasion, where pirates storm ashore and take over the waterfront downtown--that scene gets repeated several times over the weekend. Pirates in full costume all over the place. And every parade--regardless of the theme--includes pirates. Last weekend, we had the annual "Dickens on Centre" celebration (Centre St. is the main street downtown), with actors strolling the street in mid-18th century garb, regaling everyone with Dickens lore, doing improv skits, and there was even a mock up of an English Pub of the era selling adult bevarages. But there, mixed in with the festivities were dozens of --you guessed it-- pirates.

I'd like your town Roller !!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 am 
Regent's Circle

Have made two visits to Amelia. Loved it. Only regret is that one place we loved there has closed; down under was a great seafood placed appropriately named beneath the bridge from mainland.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48 am 
Cornerstone

AO Sig wrote:
Have made two visits to Amelia. Loved it. Only regret is that one place we loved there has closed; down under was a great seafood placed appropriately named beneath the bridge from mainland.
Down Under re-opened this past September. It stays full.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:55 am 
Emerald Circle

Roller wrote:

You painted a picture, Roller. Well done. Reminds of of the half manufactured/half real Parrothead persona that powers Key West tourism. It’s a bunch of people our age with tie dyed t-shirts and gray hair in ponytails getting teary eyed watching the daily sunset from the town square, well lubricated in Margaritaville. It works for them.

Last edited by TUPF on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am 
Regent's Circle

Roller wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

Thanks for the update! We might have to get off on the first exit off 95 on our next trip to WDW!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm 
Cornerstone

AO Sig wrote:
Roller wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

Thanks for the update! We might have to get off on the first exit off 95 on our next trip to WDW!
Just let me know when you're coming.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:32 pm 
President's Circle

AO Sig wrote:
Everyone has a bit of Pirate in them; I don't know anyone who hasn't let loose an "arrrrrgh" at one time or another. Every parrothead belts out the words to the second verse of Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate looks at 40" (Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late; the cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder, I'm an over-40 victim of fate, arriving too late, arriving too late."

You're telling me

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:07 pm 
Emerald Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

You're telling me

Buggery and scurvy, whatever floats your boat.

Report this post