UConn women

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

UConn women

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Won the AAC as expected, with a "relatively close" 16 point win over #19 South Florida.

Anyone notice the final story of their semifinal win over Cincinnati? Not only was the halftime score 43-5, and the final score 75-21, but Cincinnati didn't score from the 1st quarter to the 3rd (a 38 point UConn "run"). My score app, rather than a 0 in the 2nd quarter, gave Cincinnati an "X". :lol:

UConn is now 101-0 in the AAC since it formed in 2013. Here's hoping they bring the AAC another title.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: UConn women

Unread post by windywave »

I don't see how that is good for women's basketball. Whatever small amount of interest people have would look at that score and realize women's basketball is a farce
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

But, fundamentals!
Really if roller and anyone else wants to take all of the athleticism out of the men's game and turn it into a shooting contest from 8 feet and out they should just watch women's basketball. Women's basketball now is probably like men's basketball in the 40s. MBGA!!!!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:I don't see how that is good for women's basketball. Whatever small amount of interest people have would look at that score and realize women's basketball is a farce
Dont agree or disagree but my father used to say the same thing about John Wooden’s UCLA Bruins during their run. That’s why the Lew Alcindor-Elvin Hayes UCLA Houston game in the Astrodome was the biggest college basketball game ever at the time. Things do change.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:But, fundamentals!
Really if roller and anyone else wants to take all of the athleticism out of the men's game and turn it into a shooting contest from 8 feet and out they should just watch women's basketball. Women's basketball now is probably like men's basketball in the 40s. MBGA!!!!
Lol...rim's still too low though, need those scores in the 20s and 30s.