Can H-Town DT Contend for Heisman?

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Can H-Town DT Contend for Heisman?

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Can H-Town DT Contend for Heisman?

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Only summary needed
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

The answer is obviously no. That’s not what’s interesting. What’s interesting is that ESPN made this a cover story and I’ve seen similar articles in 3 other places. It’s intetesting that this is the current talking point.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:The answer is obviously no. That’s not what’s interesting. What’s interesting is that ESPN made this a cover story and I’ve seen similar articles in 3 other places. It’s intetesting that this is the current talking point.
Then you should have said that in the first place.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

windywave wrote: Then you should have said that in the first place.
I quoted the headline, and left it up to most people to draw their own deductions because most people on this site are adults. You aren't, so I'm not concerned. Which is why I have you on ignore and almost never read what you write, but I made the mistake of clicking "show" on this thread. I'll be careful not to let that happen again anytime soon.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:
I quoted the headline, and left it up to most people to draw their own deductions because most people on this site are adults. You aren't, so I'm not concerned. Which is why I have you on ignore and almost never read what you write, but I made the mistake of clicking "show" on this thread. I'll be careful not to let that happen again anytime soon.
:roll:

I can't tell if you're a perpetual troll or just confirming a caricature.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

you know - really don't give a doody about anything or anyone from UofH.

Couldn't resist running the board ... 8) what a boring board if I can be the last poster. :lol:

Oh, and here's another UofH story ....

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 8227408897
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

windywave wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
:roll:

I can't tell if you're a perpetual troll or just confirming a caricature.
This applies to yourself with equal force.

Prof, stop with the passive aggression and write a few syllables of summary. Your habit annoys everyone on here.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Now that Oliver has said this you have to wonder when he start sitting games out. Of course there is already a claque of writers and broadcasters (the ones eager to set fire to the beat that feeds them) goading him into doing just that.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

long green wrote:Now that Oliver has said this you have to wonder when he start sitting games out. Of course there is already a claque of writers and broadcasters (the ones eager to set fire to the beat that feeds them) goading him into doing just that.
If he's injured, he should sit to protect himself...and while that may happen (Fournette and Clowney had underwhelming, injury-plagued final seasons) I'd assume he'll play otherwise.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

long green wrote:Now that Oliver has said this you have to wonder when he start sitting games out. Of course there is already a claque of writers and broadcasters (the ones eager to set fire to the beat that feeds them) goading him into doing just that.
...claque of writers...love the visual!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

ESPN still has him ranked as the #3 most likely winner

http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

Ain't going to happen. But a monster season could get him an invite to NY