Blake Barnett transfers to USF

Post by gerryb323 »

Grad transfer with 2 years left. Will look to replace Flowers this year
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Re: Blake Barnett transfers to USF

Post by Poseidon »

This kid is not a free agent. He is just trying to further his academic career by going to prestigious commuter school in Tampa.
Last edited by Poseidon on Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Poseidon wrote:This kid is not a free agent. He is just trying to further his academic career by going to prestigious commuter school in Tampa.
The Koch brothers paid for a symposium class on how to read hit piece articles fully and do 30 seconds of Google-fu before breathlessly posting them on sports forums. You don't have to pay, you can just crash it if you 'support' the school in other ways.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

That will be Barnett's third stop after Alabama and Arizona St. We'll see if this latest move actually gets him some playing time.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

The QB transferring out of Ohio State is visiting UNC this weekend and will decide between Cincinnati, LSU, and UNC. Apparently his visit to Cincy went better than LSU, but LSU is still scrambling hard for him.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

WaveProf wrote:The QB transferring out of Ohio State is visiting UNC this weekend and will decide between Cincinnati, LSU, and UNC. Apparently his visit to Cincy went better than LSU, but LSU is still scrambling hard for him.
He's canceled his trip to UNC. It's between Cincinnati and LSU. Either way, we don't like it :)
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

WaveProf wrote:
WaveProf wrote:The QB transferring out of Ohio State is visiting UNC this weekend and will decide between Cincinnati, LSU, and UNC. Apparently his visit to Cincy went better than LSU, but LSU is still scrambling hard for him.
He's canceled his trip to UNC. It's between Cincinnati and LSU. Either way, we don't like it :)
I'd prefer LSU.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

MNAlum wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
I'd prefer LSU.
LSU it is
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

gerryb323 wrote:
MNAlum wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
I'd prefer LSU.
LSU it is
Alright with me. More confusion the better for those guys. Also who knows? Maybe Narcisse will now be looking for a new home? You think he is interested in going five years between playing live football games (after being hurt his senior year in high school)?
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Advocate LSU beat reporter implies it may be McMillan that hits the road since he graduates in July.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... e3cbf.html

These guys want to play now (like any of us would) so I doubt any one of them falls into Fritz's lap. However I still guess it's MLTN that some transfer from somwhere (JUCO or wherever) joins the team in August to provide depth behind Banks.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

here's another high profile guy that almost made transfer market

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... -game/amp/
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

i'll take LSU's rejects. the other QBs at LSU cannot be super happy. maybe it'll cause problems in the locker room! :mrgreen:
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Baywave1 wrote:Advocate LSU beat reporter implies it may be McMillan that hits the road since he graduates in July.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... e3cbf.html

These guys want to play now (like any of us would) so I doubt any one of them falls into Fritz's lap. However I still guess it's MLTN that some transfer from somwhere (JUCO or wherever) joins the team in August to provide depth behind Banks.
McMillan was not some kind of blue chip recruit in HS that would expect to be courted like a savior. Our setup is a good one for him: instant backup & most likely 2019 starter. He won't see many better opportunities at the FBS level.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

I'd like to see us get McMillan but I don't think he wants to keep sitting. Hope I'm wrong. I'm not sold on Narcisse. Good runner but shaky throwing.
We deserve so much better