Week VII (Schedule, Disussion, Scores)

Post by WaveProf »

Friday October 12
#23 USF 25 at Tulsa 24

Saturday October 13
#10 UCF 31 at Memphis 30
Temple 24 at Navy 17
Houston 42 at ECU 20
Last edited by WaveProf on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Week VII (Schedule, Disussion, Scores)

Post by windywave »

Tulsa... shakes head
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Either the USF game just got easier or nothing happened because the Wave has been beating the Wave mostly.
Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Tulsa rushed for 217 yards against USF and led 24-10 heading into the 4th quarter. Their QB was 6 of 21 for 79 yards and they still should/could have won.

So help me, if we get down by one TD to USF in the first half and freak out like against Cincinnati and abandon the run and start playing pro-style pocket passing with McMillan, I'm calling for Fritz to be fired after the game.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:Tulsa rushed for 217 yards against USF and led 24-10 heading into the 4th quarter. Their QB was 6 of 21 for 79 yards and they still should/could have won.

So help me, if we get down by one TD to USF in the first half and freak out like against Cincinnati and abandon the run and start playing pro-style pocket passing with McMillan, I'm calling for Fritz to be fired after the game.
Fair.

NB to be compliant with the rules you would need to word it differently.
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Lines FINALLY added. Anyone want to talk about UCF only favored by 4.5?!?
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

WaveProf wrote:Lines FINALLY added. Anyone want to talk about UCF only favored by 4.5?!?
Already went up (at least I saw higher on TV a bit ago), but yeah, that's way too low. I'd probably take UCF -14 and be happy to get it that low.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

PeteRasche wrote:
WaveProf wrote:Lines FINALLY added. Anyone want to talk about UCF only favored by 4.5?!?
Already went up (at least I saw higher on TV a bit ago), but yeah, that's way too low. I'd probably take UCF -14 and be happy to get it that low.
You may still win your bet but at end of 1st qtr: UM 17 - UCF 7

That's why the oddsmakers do this for a living.

PS, I'm rooting for UCF for obvious reasons.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Baywave1 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
You may still win your bet but at end of 1st qtr: UM 17 - UCF 7

That's why the oddsmakers do this for a living.

PS, I'm rooting for UCF for obvious reasons.
30-14. Memphis has scored on all 5 of their possessions.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

31-30 UCF, and it’s raining in Memphis.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Memphis shutout in the 2nd half, lose 31-30
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Good for the Knights. As bizarre as it sounds, Tulane can still do lots of damage now in the West as Temple beat Navy. Let's make it happen starting next week against SMU.

This really is the year of AAC East. Three undefeated ranked teams going into the third week of October.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

My daughter is with us at Epcot; she was refreshing her phone every 45 seconds to see the UCF score (she is a freshman there). I have never seen her ever as excited and anxious about a sports score.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

AO Sig wrote:My daughter is with us at Epcot; she was refreshing her phone every 45 seconds to see the UCF score (she is a freshman there). I have never seen her ever as excited and anxious about a sports score.
Get her the ESPN app
#cousins don't count
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I will suggest it to her; however, she has never been very interested in sports until this. She rolls her eyes when I watch players hit into the pine straw I traversed on number 13 in Amen Corner. When my son puts on NFL pregame shows at 7:15 Sunday mornings and bemoans the length of our priest's homiiies, she doesn't respond. I don't think she ever had a reason to get it until now. She has already told me she wants to go to a big bowl game if they make it; she is hoping for Rose Bowl (might as well shoot high, even though it is unlikely), but would settle for any of them.

Last Fall I got a hint that this would happen; she began to watch a game and asked me to explain the basics- downs, yards to go, penalties, etc. Who knows, might make a sports fan out of her!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

AO— the rose bowl literally isn’t possible this year. UCF could either play in the playoff, Fiesta, or Peach Otherwise a smaller bowl
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

WaveProf wrote:AO— the rose bowl literally isn’t possible this year. UCF could either play in the playoff, Fiesta, or Peach Otherwise a smaller bowl
I thought so, was not sure with the way the playoff and choices go. Just commenting that it was her first choice. Atlanta isn't too far; even my wife would enjoy a trip there, as long as we are not too far from Lenox Square (I know about the Georgia Mall, but the restaurants near there are ones she likes)
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

AO--looking increasingly like the G5 team will go to the Fiesta Bowl
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

WaveProf wrote:AO--looking increasingly like the G5 team will go to the Fiesta Bowl
My daughter asked where it is played, and what is there to do there. So much for her being a football fan...