Big 12 Expansion Article Posted and Removed by Cincinnati En

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
Johnny4
Navigator Level

Big 12 Expansion Article Posted and Removed by Cincinnati En

Post by Johnny4 »

Article about Big 12 expansion posted and removed by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Apparently, the source was the twitter feed of the reddit/cfb. haha!

In other words, nothing to see here, but I thought it was humurous. Perhaps Cincinnati should've tried cheating harder like Louisville. With all the crap that program is going through, they're still bringing in $$$$.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/9 ... n_article/
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Big 12 Expansion Article Posted and Removed by Cincinnat

Post by PeteRasche »

The day the Big 12 decision was scheduled a few years ago, someone posted a photo of a large-size printer spitting out a sheet with the UC and Big 12 logos, under the premise that it was the printer making the backdrop for the UC press conference announcing they were in.

The problem is that every architecture and engineering office in the country has large color plotters now, so it was too easy for some desperate-for-attention UC fan to fake it.

Of course, I designed the UC print shop a few years back and I knew the printer in the photo wasn't theirs.. :-D
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

Big 12 expansion appears dead for the moment. if we could ever get some momentum, we could become an attractive possibility. they aren't taking one of the commuter schools/ community colleges out of the American.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

The Big 12 decision confirmed exactly what many suspected: the school presidents can talk about needing good academic schools (AAU), about media markets, about this and that, but when it comes down to it, ALL expansion is 100% controlled by TV contacts.

Literally, the Big 12 presidents met multiple times, traveled across the country, spent countless hours in conference rooms, and ESPN called and said, "here's a couple more million dollars each, forget this ever happened and go home" and they did.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

I know it's super longshot but P6 is still more likely for Tulane than being picked up ad hoc. Meanwhile the more anarchy the better in current system. Need to root UCF to undefeated status and ND as well. A loss by Bama and then inclusion as say 4th seed would be icing on cake. Shut 3 P5s out of the playoffs this year and watch the chaos. (I know that's a real longshot too but more than mathematically possible.)

Mass dissatisfaction among the monopolists will help impel change. Just a reminder that all cartels eventually become self-destructive because of member greed.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

UCF just had the QB get carted off the field. I did not see it, but other Drs who saw it were not optimistic...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

AO Sig wrote:UCF just had the QB get carted off the field. I did not see it, but other Drs who saw it were not optimistic...
Yeah, he's done
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Tore both ACL and MCL. UCF sources say 15 months to recover
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?