Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:49 pm 
Emerald Circle

UConn only down 24-20 late in3rd

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:08 pm 
Emerald Circle

MattK wrote:
OGSB wrote:
I take back the USF score. The app said 16-14, now it’s 14-10. Was a TD called back?

USF fumbled at the goal line, though it was never ruled a TD, so don’t know why the app would have added it in. If it were us, I’d be unhappy about not getting the score. Looked like he got in on replay, but not a good enough angle to overturn it.

I've seen them declare games headed to OT over so no telling.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:09 pm 
Emerald Circle

Illinois wins 31-23

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:40 am 
Emerald Circle

Night games updated

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 am 
Emerald Circle

If how you do against other teams actually mattered I'd say I feel really good about Memphis and Houston. Memphis gave up 24 points to Southern; in light of that, I have no doubt our offense can score on them. And after last night I don't think Memphis will score 40 or 50 on us either. Houston didn't exactly blow out Prairie View like you'd expect either.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:07 am 
Emerald Circle

College football winners and losers for Week 2

Quote:
Losers

South Florida

USF was 7-0 and nationally ranked heading into a road trip to Houston to end last October. The Bulls haven't won since. In its own way, each loss has been worse than the last; the worst yet might be Saturday's 14-10 loss to a Georgia Tech team in the very start of a massive building project under new coach Geoff Collins. But here's a silver lining: The four-point loss was the Bulls' closest margin of defeat throughout this losing streak. Small victories, I guess. A week ago, USF kicked off the year with a 49-0 loss at home to Wisconsin.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:07 am 
Emerald Circle

OGSB wrote:
College football winners and losers for Week 2

Quote:
Losers

South Florida

USF was 7-0 and nationally ranked heading into a road trip to Houston to end last October. The Bulls haven't won since. In its own way, each loss has been worse than the last; the worst yet might be Saturday's 14-10 loss to a Georgia Tech team in the very start of a massive building project under new coach Geoff Collins. But here's a silver lining: The four-point loss was the Bulls' closest margin of defeat throughout this losing streak. Small victories, I guess. A week ago, USF kicked off the year with a 49-0 loss at home to Wisconsin.

Queue Bob Toledo, losing close, etc.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:10 am 
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote:
If how you do against other teams actually mattered I'd say I feel really good about Memphis and Houston. Memphis gave up 24 points to Southern; in light of that, I have no doubt our offense can score on them. And after last night I don't think Memphis will score 40 or 50 on us either. Houston didn't exactly blow out Prairie View like you'd expect either.

I would not downgrade Memphis’ D over their performance vs. Southern. They played outstanding football vs. Ole Miss and last Saturday was a classic letdown situation.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:06 am 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
I would not downgrade Memphis’ D over their performance vs. Southern. They played outstanding football vs. Ole Miss and last Saturday was a classic letdown situation.

Hence the "If how you do against other teams actually mattered..." lead-in. :wink:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am 
Cornerstone

PeteRasche wrote:
long green wrote:

Hence the "If how you do against other teams actually mattered..." lead-in. :wink:

I posted in case anyone thought to ignore your lead-in. Memphis looks pretty solid.

Report this post