Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 1878
They are not exhibitions. Times have changed. The numbers are now included in players and teams stats. I covered all the data points you brought up. Try to make all the excuses you want but the game counted and it mattered. They got embarrassed and so did the conference.

_________________
Here we come!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 6798
Location: Wichita
wavedom wrote:
They are not exhibitions. Times have changed. The numbers are now included in players and teams stats. I covered all the data points you brought up. Try to make all the excuses you want but the game counted and it mattered. They got embarrassed and so did the conference.

I agree it counts, but it doesn't matter.

_________________
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Greeneville, TN
wavedom wrote:
They are not exhibitions. Times have changed. The numbers are now included in players and teams stats. I covered all the data points you brought up. Try to make all the excuses you want but the game counted and it mattered. They got embarrassed and so did the conference.


Counting stats and adding them to the records doesn't change what they are. They are neutral site one offs between teams scheduled on relatively short notice. They matter for perception purposes and so in that I agree it was an embarrassing performance for them and the conference. I've said elsewhere it would be good for conference perception to win as many of these as possible.

If you had bothered to quote the original response you would see it was to tj reacting to these losses in the larger context of the season. I know you disagree, you always do, but these games don't outweigh any other game in the regular season and arguably should count less given the number of unusual circumstances these games feature.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 1878
They're not on short notice. We'll have had over a month to get ready for it. It counts and it matters.

_________________
Here we come!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:50 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Greeneville, TN
wavedom wrote:
They're not on short notice. We'll have had over a month to get ready for it. It counts and it matters.


Who's surprised?

By the way, the operative word is "relatively". Games are scheduled 5+ years out now. A month is pretty d@mn short relatively


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 1878
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
wavedom wrote:
They're not on short notice. We'll have had over a month to get ready for it. It counts and it matters.


Who's surprised?

By the way, the operative word is "relatively". Games are scheduled 5+ years out now. A month is pretty d@mn short relatively


Who's surprised? So everyone is supposed tp bow down and go with what you say no matter how off the mark it is? Seriously.

Yeah like we are preparing for those teams 5 years out. :roll:

_________________
Here we come!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3927
Location: Greeneville, TN
wavedom wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
wavedom wrote:
They're not on short notice. We'll have had over a month to get ready for it. It counts and it matters.


Who's surprised?

By the way, the operative word is "relatively". Games are scheduled 5+ years out now. A month is pretty d@mn short relatively


Who's surprised? So everyone is supposed tp bow down and go with what you say no matter how off the mark it is? Seriously.

Yeah like we are preparing for those teams 5 years out. :roll:


Yep you got it. Fall in line buster!

I bet I'm not the only one that would take that question and turn them right back at you. The difference is, I will look for common ground, know when things are my opinion rather than fact, and outright admit I'm wrong when proven so. You should try any one of those sometime.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:02 am 
Offline
Coach Level

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 1878
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
wavedom wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
wavedom wrote:
They're not on short notice. We'll have had over a month to get ready for it. It counts and it matters.


Who's surprised?

By the way, the operative word is "relatively". Games are scheduled 5+ years out now. A month is pretty d@mn short relatively


Who's surprised? So everyone is supposed tp bow down and go with what you say no matter how off the mark it is? Seriously.

Yeah like we are preparing for those teams 5 years out. :roll:


Yep you got it. Fall in line buster!

I bet I'm not the only one that would take that question and turn them right back at you. The difference is, I will look for common ground, know when things are my opinion rather than fact, and outright admit I'm wrong when proven so. You should try any one of those sometime.


Well you clearly didn't here. Enough with the excuses.

_________________
Here we come!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:04 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 16712
Got a win! Navy 20 Kansas St 17

_________________
Past performance is no guarantee of future results


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:27 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 20079
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
OGSB wrote:
Got a win! Navy 20 Kansas St 17

Navy’s QB rightfully got most of the ink this season but that kicker is responsible for two stake in the heart of your opponent wins. 8)

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 26129
Location: New Orleans
Cincy routing a barely present BC, who just punted down 25 early in the 4th.

_________________
The gap between the top of the big leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us - P.R. told me to do this


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:48 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 16712
WaveProf wrote:
Military Bowl
Dec 27, 11 AM, ESPN, Annapolis, Maryland
Temple 55 vs North Carolina 13


Score is backwards.

Cincinnati finished off BC 38-6. By my count, that's 3 wins, 3 losses for the AAC, meaning it all comes down to Tulane.

_________________
Past performance is no guarantee of future results


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 22209
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
AAC goes 4-3

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group