Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 am 
Emerald Circle

Quote:
Cincinnati
Coach Luke Fickell capitalized on another strong season to bring in the top-rated class among the Group of Five, according to the composite rankings from 247Sports.com. With 10 in-state commitments and a pair of four-star recruits among its 16 signees, Cincinnati brought in a group heavy on linemen while leaving flexibility to add another handful of prospects in February.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/national-signing-day-winners-and-losers-led-by-clemson-ohio-state-and-southern-california/ar-BBY8i3Y?ocid=spartandhp

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:50 pm 
Emerald Circle

OGSB wrote:
Quote:
Cincinnati
Coach Luke Fickell capitalized on another strong season to bring in the top-rated class among the Group of Five, according to the composite rankings from 247Sports.com. With 10 in-state commitments and a pair of four-star recruits among its 16 signees, Cincinnati brought in a group heavy on linemen while leaving flexibility to add another handful of prospects in February.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/national-signing-day-winners-and-losers-led-by-clemson-ohio-state-and-southern-california/ar-BBY8i3Y?ocid=spartandhp

Weird, he was heavily rumored to all sorts of P5 jobs.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

UC will continue to get stronger under Fickell until he inevitably leaves. He's getting the skinny second level of kids from Ohio (a high school power state) just below OSU. There's enough talent to take UC to the top of the G5 if he stays and continues to do that. But as ml said, it's surprising he's not gone already. I think he's just waiting for the right opportunity. This year's "step up" options were Arkansas and Missouri... I'm sure he's also getting inside info from his agent about what's likely to come open next year. Gotta think he's eyeing Michigan State, or, heck, even Michigan if things go poorly again in Ann Arbor.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 pm 
President's Circle

ml wave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:
Cincinnati

Did he interview?

You have made your point, multiple times, I get it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
ml wave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Quote:
Cincinnati

Did he interview?

You have made your point, multiple times, I get it.
Oh, it's not just you...and there's a ways to go before the obnoxiousness of my rebuttals reaches the original hysteria.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:27 pm 
Cornerstone

Fickell hasn't been linked to a job nearly good enough for him to leave, so it's not surprising he's still there. The gulf between the top of the bigger leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:19 pm 
Emerald Circle

long green wrote:
The gulf between the top of the bigger leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us.
Perfectly said. That should be your new signature.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:11 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
long green wrote:
The gulf between the top of the bigger leagues and their bottom is now bigger than the gap between their bottom and us.
Perfectly said. That should be your new signature.

I would argue the top of our league is above the bottom of the bigger leagues.

Report this post