Armed Forces Bowl
Thur Dec 31, 11
#22 Tulsa 26 vs Mississippi State 28
Fort Worth TX, ESPN, TU by 2.5

Peach Bowl
Friday Jan 1, 11
#6 Cincinnati 21 vs #11 Georgia 24
Atlanta GA, ESPN, UGA by 7
Last edited by WaveProf on Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Re: 2020 AAC Bowl Schedule/Discussion/Scores

Post by WaveProf »

Bad first day for the AAC
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Every bowl season turns out bad for the conference.as a group we have never been able to even put together a winning record. This isn't the year to complain loudly with everything going on, but bowl season is often the best opportunity to showcase how good the AAC is. Getting boatraced by CUSA and MWC teams is a bad look. Nobody will care if teams are missing players and coaches, all they see is the game play and the score. Makes it that much easier for p5 pundits and fans to dismiss us. In future seasons I would really like to see the conference put forth a better effort in these games.

That said, if Cinci beats UGA much of the bad from these early games will be forgotten
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:52 am Every bowl season turns out bad for the conference.as a group we have never been able to even put together a winning record. This isn't the year to complain loudly with everything going on, but bowl season is often the best opportunity to showcase how good the AAC is. Getting boatraced by CUSA and MWC teams is a bad look. Nobody will care if teams are missing players and coaches, all they see is the game play and the score. Makes it that much easier for p5 pundits and fans to dismiss us. In future seasons I would really like to see the conference put forth a better effort in these games.

That said, if Cinci beats UGA much of the bad from these early games will be forgotten
Thank you. If other teams put up the litany of explanations why we were mashed potatoes yesterday we jump all over them. No one comes to a war firing all guns.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

TUPF wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:07 am

Thank you. If other teams put up the litany of explanations why we were mashed potatoes yesterday we jump all over them. No one comes to a war firing all guns.
If yesterday-----a team from the tropics playing in the cold, at altitude, with only allowed to be in the city for less than 24 hours before COVID, with their 3 best defensive players out, several important offensive weapons out, a freshman QB, a brand new OC, a brand new DC who wasn't even yet serving as DC (so had an interim), most important part of the OL gets injured at key moment----if that happened to ANY other team, we would be telling that fanbase they should have fully expected to lose, and only were mad at losing because they were too close/biased to have noticed. There is plenty of delusion on this board, and a lot of it might be giving Fritz too many excuses in general. But the delusion on this board is NOT people making "excuses" for yesterday. Yesterday makes sense in any reasonable, objective sense.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:52 am Every bowl season turns out bad for the conference.as a group we have never been able to even put together a winning record. This isn't the year to complain loudly with everything going on, but bowl season is often the best opportunity to showcase how good the AAC is. Getting boatraced by CUSA and MWC teams is a bad look. Nobody will care if teams are missing players and coaches, all they see is the game play and the score. Makes it that much easier for p5 pundits and fans to dismiss us. In future seasons I would really like to see the conference put forth a better effort in these games.

I do agree with all of this, but for clarity sake, I will add that the AAC was 4-3 last year
Last edited by WaveProf on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

UCF was down 14-0 within 5 minutes of game time and I gather it didn't get any better for them.
Approved by Experts
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:16 am

If yesterday-----a team from the tropics playing in the cold, at altitude, with only allowed to be in the city for less than 24 hours before COVID, with their 3 best defensive players out, several important offensive weapons out, a freshman QB, a brand new OC, a brand new DC who wasn't even yet serving as DC (so had an interim), most important part of the OL gets injured at key moment----if that happened to ANY other team, we would be telling that fanbase they should have fully expected to lose, and only were mad at losing because they were too close/biased to have noticed. There is plenty of delusion on this board, and a lot of it might be giving Fritz too many excuses in general. But the delusion on this board is NOT people making "excuses" for yesterday. Yesterday makes sense in any reasonable, objective sense.
We have different perspectives and I'll leave it at that.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

TUPF wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:34 am We have different perspectives and I'll leave it at that.
Fair, and in terms of debating this week, I'll gladly leave it at that as well. But I think it's also fair to say that while, at first hand, our differences may appear philosophical, I think it might also simply tie into expectations of yesterday. I fully anticipated (and even predicted) the result. Most on here still had it in their heads we would win.

90% of the times people have tried to make excuses for Fritz in the last couple of years, I've sounded just like you, so we aren't, big picture, as far off as my comments in this thread might make me sound.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:48 am I fully anticipated (and even predicted) the result. Most on here still had it in their heads we would win.
Changing the culture
Approved by Experts
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

OGSB wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:55 am

Changing the culture
This asserts that we are part of the culture. We aren't. We are fans, and at our best, we stay objective. Far too much emotion on this board in both directions, but that's a personal choice, but emotion tied to the idea that any of us are "part" of this is delusion.

And, yes, part (not all) of the reasons that I saw this coming, were because of the culture not only of Tulane football but also Tulane football under Fritz.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:17 am

I do agree with all of this, but for clarity sake, I will add that the AAC was 4-3 next year
What's our record next year? Are we in one of those bowls?! :lol:
hashtagStopbunting
hashtagStopPUNTING!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:56 am

Changing the culture
This asserts that we are part of the culture. We aren't. We are fans, and at our best, we stay objective. Far too much emotion on this board in both directions, but that's a personal choice, but emotion tied to the idea that any of us are "part" of this is delusion.

And, yes, part (not all) of the reasons that I saw this coming, were because of the culture not only of Tulane football but also Tulane football under Fritz.
You're one of those guys telling people to sit down at games aren't you?
Approved by Experts
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

OGSB wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:24 pm
WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:56 am

Changing the culture

You're one of those guys telling people to sit down at games aren't you?
On third down or a big play? Absolutely not. But no I don’t think it’s OK to stand up randomly throughout the entire game in front of other people. And I make no apologies for this. I also don’t feel the need to pay a fortune to get an “authentic” jersey in every color to wear to every game (matching the ones the team will wear, of course!) so I can pretend I’m on the team. In both cases, I realize the world doesn’t revolve around just me
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:16 am

Your (Prof) reasoning is the most reasonable of the thread. Anyone that sees otherwise doesn’t want to see the reality of the situation and is stuck in the loser mentality that has haunted us for years.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

WaveProf wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:17 am

I do agree with all of this, but for clarity sake, I will add that the AAC was 4-3 next year
Good catch on that. I was so used to really bad bowl seasons like the 2-5 effort the year before, I forgot the conference was actually fine last year.

Memphis carried the water yesterday, beating FAU 25-10.
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Houston loses 28-14. Another MWC loss
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:13 pm Houston loses 28-14. Another MWC loss
Houston couldn’t do anything offensively. So it is possible to stop some of these offenses we see every year.
Approved by Experts
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Tulsa loses to Mississippi St in yet another conference loss. Pretty bad for the P6 narrative we like to tell since Miss. St. Was 3-7 on the year. The second place team in the AAC should be able to handle a bottom feeder SEC squad. Again the conference really needs to find a way to show better in the postseason. Definitely need a Cinci win now
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Tulsa loses to 3-7 Mississippi St. Game begins and ends with a skirmish.
Approved by Experts
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

OGSB wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:53 pm Tulsa loses to 3-7 Mississippi St. Game begins and ends with a skirmish.
If you watched, it was more like a brawl happened and a game was in between. Guys on the ground getting stomped, helmets swinging, non-players throwing punches, police and coaches helpless.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:00 pm
OGSB wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:53 pm Tulsa loses to 3-7 Mississippi St. Game begins and ends with a skirmish.
If you watched, it was more like a brawl happened and a game was in between. Guys on the ground getting stomped, helmets swinging, non-players throwing punches, police and coaches helpless.
I didn’t see it. News reports said a brawl but the clip they showed was not a brawl, and since the news media has proven themselves so trustworthy I was reluctant to take their word for it.
Last edited by OGSB on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Approved by Experts
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:49 pm Tulsa loses to Mississippi St in yet another conference loss. Pretty bad for the P6 narrative we like to tell since Miss. St. Was 3-7 on the year. The second place team in the AAC should be able to handle a bottom feeder SEC squad. Again the conference really needs to find a way to show better in the postseason. Definitely need a Cinci win now
In the conference’s defense, they shouldn’t have been 2nd place. The essentially lost to ECU and got lucky vs us.
Approved by Experts
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

OGSB wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:13 pm
TUPF wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:00 pm
I didn’t see it. News reports said a brawl but the clip they showed was not a brawl, and since the news media has proven themselves so trustworthy I was reluctant to take their word for it.
Take a look.
https://youtu.be/l5j6Z4tqMFQ
tulaneoutlaw
President's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

OGSB wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:16 pm
tulaneoutlaw wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:49 pm Tulsa loses to Mississippi St in yet another conference loss. Pretty bad for the P6 narrative we like to tell since Miss. St. Was 3-7 on the year. The second place team in the AAC should be able to handle a bottom feeder SEC squad. Again the conference really needs to find a way to show better in the postseason. Definitely need a Cinci win now
In the conference’s defense, they shouldn’t have been 2nd place. The essentially lost to ECU and got lucky vs us.
While true, it isn't exactly like Houston or Tulane did anything in the postseason either. I guess Memphis would've maybe been a better matchup, but then Tulsa missing their all world 1st round LB probably didn't help. Regardless the narrative is being written yet again