Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane talk forum
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 am 
Emerald Circle

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... obile_home

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:14 am 
Emerald Circle

You would think Detroit would already have a bar since most MLB teams already have them to sell 15 dollar one shot gin and tonics.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 am 
Regent's Circle

When I was doing training in Pontiac I went to downtown Detroit, and thought everyplace had bars... on their windows. I also have to admit that I am surprised that they have not had anything other than beer available there (will date myself, because the last game I saw there was in the outfield bleachers of the old Tiger stadium).

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:29 am 
Emerald Circle

yeah it is surprising even in the beer capital of Milwaukee with a stadium named after a beer company they already had a bar in it (and Lambeau too).

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 pm 
President's Circle

Clevelander Bar at Marlins Park-Miami
https://christianalilly.com/tag/clevela ... lins-park/
http://slicemiami.com/2016/04/06/marlin ... elander-2/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

Ah, the time honored debate between making millions, or following your Southern Baptist, Bible Belt roots. I mean, the teetotalers have won out for decades, has the public opinion finally swung the other way as with so many other social issues? I'd be curious to see which schools come down on which side of the debate and how many sternly written letters arrive on the presidents' desks of the schools who vote for drinking.

I might just need a bourbon while I ponder some more... 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:19 pm 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Ah, the time honored debate between making millions, or following your Southern Baptist, Bible Belt roots. I mean, the teetotalers have won out for decades, has the public opinion finally swung the other way as with so many other social issues? I'd be curious to see which schools come down on which side of the debate and how many sternly written letters arrive on the presidents' desks of the schools who vote for drinking.

Around here, the joke is that the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist is that the Methodist will say hi to you at the liquor store. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 pm 
Emerald Circle

AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Around here, the joke is that the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist is that the Methodist will say hi to you at the liquor store. :mrgreen:
If by "around here", you mean pretty much the entire Southeast (because I heard that in multiple cities in the Southeastern Bible Belt). :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

If by "around here", you mean pretty much the entire Southeast (because I heard that in multiple cities in the Southeastern Bible Belt). :mrgreen:

Um Detroit is in Michigan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

You know Detroit tore down Tiger Stadium

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

You know Detroit tore down Tiger Stadium

You know I find blind links annoying right?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

I heard the same joke for years in Jackson. I will also say that I've been drunk in multiple SEC stadiums that did not sell alcohol. The flask and outside booze was cheaper than beer, anyway. :mrgreen:

Also, Windy, AO Sig is in Tennessee. That's what's meant by "around here."

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 am 
Emerald Circle

GretnaGrn wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

I heard the same joke for years in Jackson. I will also say that I've been drunk in multiple SEC stadiums that did not sell alcohol. The flask and outside booze was cheaper than beer, anyway. :mrgreen:

Also, Windy, AO Sig is in Tennessee. That's what's meant by "around here."

Which I thought was a nonsequitor because we are obviously talking about Tiger Stadium the home of the Detroit Tigers. That is the inference from the text of the OP