lsu basketball

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Lsu wins

Unread post by tjtlja »

I give up. The team that cheats is invited and wins. The curse doesn’t have an ending. Disgusted and frustrating. First Yale, now Maryland. Who will be next? They should have never been invited.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Lsu wins

Unread post by gerryb323 »

If only there were at least 2 other threads in which to discuss this. One of which you started
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

It’s a new day. Who cares how many threads there are or how many I start.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: lsu basketball

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I'm telling you, Alleva has damning photos of someone high up in the NCAA. There's all this evidence that comes to light right before the tourney, Wade looks like he'll take a hard fall and the school looks like they'll have to fire him, a player gets held out for clearly being part of the mess... and then everything magically goes away and they go dancing and win. How much money does LSU get for the tourney berth? How much do they get for the Sweet 16 berth? How much money is being made by LSU on their fans buying gear (SEC regular season champs hats, NCAA Sweet 16 t-shirts, etc.)? Then once the season is over, they'll part with Wade (don't want to distract the players by doing it now) and the NCAA will go light on them because it was just that "rogue coach" and it "wasn't institutional".

This is the stuff that makes me just fuming mad. The fact it's LSU just adds to my anger (though I do think if it were a school in a lesser conference, the NCAA would already have acted).
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

tjtlja wrote:It’s a new day. Who cares how many threads there are or how many I start.
EVERYONE DOES.

Except, apparently, you.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

THEN FRIGGIN MERGE ALL THE MD THREADS.

So petty!!!
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

just call me petty ...
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm telling you, Alleva has damning photos of someone high up in the NCAA. There's all this evidence that comes to light right before the tourney, Wade looks like he'll take a hard fall and the school looks like they'll have to fire him, a player gets held out for clearly being part of the mess... and then everything magically goes away and they go dancing and win. How much money does LSU get for the tourney berth? How much do they get for the Sweet 16 berth? How much money is being made by LSU on their fans buying gear (SEC regular season champs hats, NCAA Sweet 16 t-shirts, etc.)? Then once the season is over, they'll part with Wade (don't want to distract the players by doing it now) and the NCAA will go light on them because it was just that "rogue coach" and it "wasn't institutional".

This is the stuff that makes me just fuming mad. The fact it's LSU just adds to my anger (though I do think if it were a school in a lesser conference, the NCAA would already have acted).
They're so mad UNLV is looking at a postseason ban....

(Old reference is for old people.... 8) )
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

LSU hasn't had its due process yet and it's sort of like the misbehaving sailor in the bar who knows the shore patrol is on its way. "I might as well slam down another couple while fighting my way to the street and then the brig. I won't be consuming for awhile."
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:LSU hasn't had its due process yet and it's sort of like the misbehaving sailor in the bar who knows the shore patrol is on its way. "I might as well slam down another couple while fighting my way to the street and then the brig. I won't be consuming for awhile."
ALERT!!!

Flags fly forever

SARCASM!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

GretnaGrn wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I'm telling you, Alleva has damning photos of someone high up in the NCAA. There's all this evidence that comes to light right before the tourney, Wade looks like he'll take a hard fall and the school looks like they'll have to fire him, a player gets held out for clearly being part of the mess... and then everything magically goes away and they go dancing and win. How much money does LSU get for the tourney berth? How much do they get for the Sweet 16 berth? How much money is being made by LSU on their fans buying gear (SEC regular season champs hats, NCAA Sweet 16 t-shirts, etc.)? Then once the season is over, they'll part with Wade (don't want to distract the players by doing it now) and the NCAA will go light on them because it was just that "rogue coach" and it "wasn't institutional".

They're so mad UNLV is looking at a postseason ban....

(Old reference is for old people.... 8) )
Made this exact reference while repeating this rant to someone in person yesterday.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Baywave1 wrote:LSU hasn't had its due process yet and it's sort of like the misbehaving sailor in the bar who knows the shore patrol is on its way. "I might as well slam down another couple while fighting my way to the street and then the brig. I won't be consuming for awhile."
What happens inport stays inport. 8)
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Good to know that the local Tiger water carriers are hard at work today.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 8d13a.html

I guess that Vitale was "encouraged" by his bosses at ESPN to send out the final tweet extending hands across the water after the very acrimonious on-air exchange because of the local station's affiliation with ESPN.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

Done. Went further than we’ve ever gone before though.
Victory is never permanent
maddog
President's Circle

Unread post by maddog »

Tigers won't have to forfeit this one.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

maddog wrote:Tigers won't have to forfeit this one.
NCAA has a new thing where the winner “vacates” wins but the loser keeps the loss. I’m not sure if it replaced forfeiting or not.
Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Rabalais is the mouthpiece of LSU Athletics so I'll take it at face value that LSU is truly trying (praying?) to keep Wade as HC. As Rabalais explains, while LSU waits, its competition is recruiting the obvious and outstanding candidates. This makes retaining Wade more likely.

So here is the off the wall scenario, my "informed" LSU buds tell me might occur. If and when Wade gets canned (I think it's when but just my view), LSU will rehire Brady in a caretaker role for at least the first year if not the entire expected probation period. It is plausible even if non-conventional. I still guess Alleva will buy a new HC sooner rather than later. We'll see.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... add49.html
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

When George Will mentions you in a column, you must be toast. Wade cannot survive this level of scrutiny! :green wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 4d61c6d6d9
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

Javon Smart has opted out of LSU for the NBA. Smart move to get out of Dodge.

had to edit because I'm a Tulane fan :-D
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

Javonte Smart is the name.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

NBA must have made him a strong a** offer...
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

ml wave wrote:NBA must have made him a strong a** offer...
Nicely played.

Meanwhile, has this all completely blown over or am I just not hearing anything because I don't live there and don't watch SportsCenter?
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
Nicely played.

Meanwhile, has this all completely blown over or am I just not hearing anything because I don't live there and don't watch SportsCenter?
Wade has supposedly set a meeting to actually talk to LSU about it
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

PeteRasche wrote:
Nicely played.

Pete, five players have declared for the draft. As you know, they are testing the waters. If not drafted, they head back to LSU, G-League, or Europe. Only one player is projected to go high in the draft, and possibly one more later in the draft.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

tjtlja wrote:Pete, five players have declared for the draft. As you know, they are testing the waters. If not drafted, they head back to LSU, G-League, or Europe. Only one player is projected to go high in the draft, and possibly one more later in the draft.
I'm less curious about their players and much more curious to see if the NCAA actually does anything. I have a hard time seeing any way Wade returns to LSU but if the NCAA just lets them off with no sanction of any sort, there should be an investigation into that.