Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 7952
Location: Dripping Springs
windywave wrote:
Image

Well said and glad you're back. Although Steve Mura pitched one year for StL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3555
Location: Greeneville, TN
Cards hang a 10 spot on the Braves in the 1st and go on to win 13-1. Don't think anybody saw that coming.

Nationals come back from a 3-0 deficit to shock the Dodgers 7-3 in 10. A Howie Kendrick grand slam sealed the deal and gave the Nats their first postseason series victory since moving to DC in 2004. Needless to say I'm very happy this morning.

Astros and Ray's play a winner take all game today to wrap up the ALCS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 8057
Location: Charlotte
Dave Roberts should be available to book for parties and conferences after this afternoon to talk about the stolen base that propelled the Red Sox to a World Series title... he won't be manager of the Dodgers any more.

Great comedy seeing my Atlanta friends saying "oh we're cursed"..one said the Braves losing last night was 2 years, 8 months and 3 days (28-3) since the Falcons choked. I doubt it's true, but if it helps them sleep at night under those MLS championship sheets for Atlanta United, I guess that's good for them. Maybe the Gwinnett Gladiators can win the ECHL this year for those poor, sad sports fans?

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 6425
Location: Wichita
Johnny Mac wrote:
Dave Roberts should be available to book for parties and conferences after this afternoon to talk about the stolen base that propelled the Red Sox to a World Series title... he won't be manager of the Dodgers any more.

Great comedy seeing my Atlanta friends saying "oh we're cursed"..one said the Braves losing last night was 2 years, 8 months and 3 days (28-3) since the Falcons choked. I doubt it's true, but if it helps them sleep at night under those MLS championship sheets for Atlanta United, I guess that's good for them. Maybe the Gwinnett Gladiators can win the ECHL this year for those poor, sad sports fans?

Technically that was the time between the events (it was the 4th day, not the 3rd).

_________________
#stopbunting
#stopPUNTING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10745
Congratulations to all the Cardinals diehards who had to endure 3 entire days without even winning a game between Games 1 and 4 of this series.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 6425
Location: Wichita
ml wave wrote:
Congratulations to all the Cardinals diehards who had to endure 3 entire days without even winning a game between Games 1 and 4 of this series.

Thoughts and prayers for Alabama

_________________
#stopbunting
#stopPUNTING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 8057
Location: Charlotte
gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Dave Roberts should be available to book for parties and conferences after this afternoon to talk about the stolen base that propelled the Red Sox to a World Series title... he won't be manager of the Dodgers any more.

Great comedy seeing my Atlanta friends saying "oh we're cursed"..one said the Braves losing last night was 2 years, 8 months and 3 days (28-3) since the Falcons choked. I doubt it's true, but if it helps them sleep at night under those MLS championship sheets for Atlanta United, I guess that's good for them. Maybe the Gwinnett Gladiators can win the ECHL this year for those poor, sad sports fans?

Technically that was the time between the events (it was the 4th day, not the 3rd).


anyway... to help me get further under the skin of Atlanta fans, I enjoyed pointing out how their lone 1995 title was a gift from the strike in 1994. The Expos were running away with the NL when the strike started in August. Had Montreal continued and won the NL East and potentially the World Series, there wouldn't have been a fire sale and guys like Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom, Larry Walker, Ken Hill, and John Wetteland would have either been re-signed or not traded away.

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 22358
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Dave Roberts should be available to book for parties and conferences after this afternoon to talk about the stolen base that propelled the Red Sox to a World Series title... he won't be manager of the Dodgers any more.

Great comedy seeing my Atlanta friends saying "oh we're cursed"..one said the Braves losing last night was 2 years, 8 months and 3 days (28-3) since the Falcons choked. I doubt it's true, but if it helps them sleep at night under those MLS championship sheets for Atlanta United, I guess that's good for them. Maybe the Gwinnett Gladiators can win the ECHL this year for those poor, sad sports fans?

Technically that was the time between the events (it was the 4th day, not the 3rd).


anyway... to help me get further under the skin of Atlanta fans, I enjoyed pointing out how their lone 1995 title was a gift from the strike in 1994. The Expos were running away with the NL when the strike started in August. Had Montreal continued and won the NL East and potentially the World Series, there wouldn't have been a fire sale and guys like Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom, Larry Walker, Ken Hill, and John Wetteland would have either been re-signed or not traded away.
That Montreal team was sick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:06 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 10745
PeteRasche wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Dave Roberts should be available to book for parties and conferences after this afternoon to talk about the stolen base that propelled the Red Sox to a World Series title... he won't be manager of the Dodgers any more.

Great comedy seeing my Atlanta friends saying "oh we're cursed"..one said the Braves losing last night was 2 years, 8 months and 3 days (28-3) since the Falcons choked. I doubt it's true, but if it helps them sleep at night under those MLS championship sheets for Atlanta United, I guess that's good for them. Maybe the Gwinnett Gladiators can win the ECHL this year for those poor, sad sports fans?

Technically that was the time between the events (it was the 4th day, not the 3rd).


anyway... to help me get further under the skin of Atlanta fans, I enjoyed pointing out how their lone 1995 title was a gift from the strike in 1994. The Expos were running away with the NL when the strike started in August. Had Montreal continued and won the NL East and potentially the World Series, there wouldn't have been a fire sale and guys like Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom, Larry Walker, Ken Hill, and John Wetteland would have either been re-signed or not traded away.
That Montreal team was sick.
Eh, would've lost to the Yankees anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:34 am 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 3555
Location: Greeneville, TN
Nats sweep the Cardinals and now await the winner of Astros-Yankees, which is at 2-1 in favor of the Astros.

Count this Nats fan very happy. This is only the third time in my life I've seen one of "my" teams play for a title (0-2 so far with the Titans and Preds). I don't have high hopes against either of their potential opponents, but just having the Nationals in the World Series after their awful start and several postseason whiffs is a great feeling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 22358
Location: Cincinnati, OH
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Count this Nats fan very happy. This is only the third time in my life I've seen one of "my" teams play for a title (0-2 so far with the Titans and Preds). I don't have high hopes against either of their potential opponents, but just having the Nationals in the World Series after their awful start and several postseason whiffs is a great feeling.
Sigh... I've sadly started to forget what it's like to care in October by September after August after July. :oops:

Last time I was watching my team in the World Series, the season started during my freshman year at Tulane and I watched us win the world championship right around the time basketball practice was starting in my sophomore year....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:41 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 6425
Location: Wichita
PeteRasche wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Count this Nats fan very happy. This is only the third time in my life I've seen one of "my" teams play for a title (0-2 so far with the Titans and Preds). I don't have high hopes against either of their potential opponents, but just having the Nationals in the World Series after their awful start and several postseason whiffs is a great feeling.
Sigh... I've sadly started to forget what it's like to care in October by September after August after July. :oops:

Last time I was watching my team in the World Series, the season started during my freshman year at Tulane and I watched us win the world championship right around the time basketball practice was starting in my sophomore year....

So in yoggie time that's like 50 years? :)

_________________
#stopbunting
#stopPUNTING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19486
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
PeteRasche wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Count this Nats fan very happy. This is only the third time in my life I've seen one of "my" teams play for a title (0-2 so far with the Titans and Preds). I don't have high hopes against either of their potential opponents, but just having the Nationals in the World Series after their awful start and several postseason whiffs is a great feeling.
Sigh... I've sadly started to forget what it's like to care in October by September after August after July. :oops:

Last time I was watching my team in the World Series, the season started during my freshman year at Tulane and I watched us win the world championship right around the time basketball practice was starting in my sophomore year....
That’s why when the Phillies won the World Series in 2008 and the Eagles finally won a Super Bowl I made sure I went to the victory parades. You never know if/when it might happen again. When you follow teams all your life (Tulane/Phiilies/Eagles) and winning is not a given, it makes the occasional rise to the top all the more exhilarating.

_________________
Tulane Class of 1978 | NROTC Tulane - Submariner | From everywhere and nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:42 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 22358
Location: Cincinnati, OH
gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
Count this Nats fan very happy. This is only the third time in my life I've seen one of "my" teams play for a title (0-2 so far with the Titans and Preds). I don't have high hopes against either of their potential opponents, but just having the Nationals in the World Series after their awful start and several postseason whiffs is a great feeling.
Sigh... I've sadly started to forget what it's like to care in October by September after August after July. :oops:

Last time I was watching my team in the World Series, the season started during my freshman year at Tulane and I watched us win the world championship right around the time basketball practice was starting in my sophomore year....

So in yoggie time that's like 50 years? :)

No, no, no. In yoggie time that's still just as relevant to today as something last week. Nothing has changed in the game since those days! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group