UFC anyone??

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
MattK
President's Circle

UFC anyone??

Post by MattK »

apparently they're the only sports holdouts in the world....

doncecco
President's Circle

Re: UFC anyone??

Post by doncecco »

I saw where Scottish rugby was still on. Apparently Machallan makes it safe!
Bring home da Wave!

AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

While in the airport lounge there was some freestyle skiing competition on the telly. it was weird not seeing any sports; usually I see at least one sporting event when traveling on a weekend.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

I glanced at ESPN yesterday. It was like the early 80s sports coverage. That, and sports docs.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

OGSB wrote:I glanced at ESPN yesterday. It was like the early 80s sports coverage. That, and sports docs.
Maybe there are covering sports on the moon. And by they I mean, well you know. For those of you who never heard, when the Apollo 11 mission first landed on the moon, an individual on earth intercepted a message from that mission which supposedly was "The're already here".

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"

AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I heard an interesting take- they might increase coverage of a lot of older sporting events, thus exposing the younger generations to stars such as Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. I remember watching Pete Maravich when he was part of the Jazz (loved watching them practice in the Tulane gym some afternoons), and he was the purest shooter I ever saw. Too few nowadays are very knowledgeable about him and players of that era.

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

AO Sig wrote:I heard an interesting take- they might increase coverage of a lot of older sporting events, thus exposing the younger generations to stars such as Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. I remember watching Pete Maravich when he was part of the Jazz (loved watching them practice in the Tulane gym some afternoons), and he was the purest shooter I ever saw. Too few nowadays are very knowledgeable about him and players of that era.
I had a Dr J poster on my wall as a kid. He turned 70 this year.

AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

OGSB wrote:
AO Sig wrote:I heard an interesting take- they might increase coverage of a lot of older sporting events, thus exposing the younger generations to stars such as Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. I remember watching Pete Maravich when he was part of the Jazz (loved watching them practice in the Tulane gym some afternoons), and he was the purest shooter I ever saw. Too few nowadays are very knowledgeable about him and players of that era.
I had a Dr J poster on my wall as a kid. He turned 70 this year.
I watched him playing against the Jazz in the dome; The Jazz blew a big lead with a little more than a minute to go. We left thinking the game was in the bag, only to hear Hot Rod decrying the loss when we got in the car. Got tickets from local shoe store for that game.

OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
OGSB wrote:I glanced at ESPN yesterday. It was like the early 80s sports coverage. That, and sports docs.
Maybe there are covering sports on the moon. And by they I mean, well you know. For those of you who never heard, when the Apollo 11 mission first landed on the moon, an individual on earth intercepted a message from that mission which supposedly was "The're already here".

Fan since '54
Maybe because the Russians already were there.

MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Well, UFC gave up. Now it’s down to Aussie Rules. Which is fantastic but comes on way too late.

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

MattK wrote:Well, UFC gave up. Now it’s down to Aussie Rules. Which is fantastic but comes on way too late.
as long as they do Khabib v Ferguson on the moon idc

MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Aussie Rules thought better of it too.

Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

OGSB wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:

Fan since '54
Maybe because the Russians already were there.
C'mon. If the Russians were already there, do you really think that they wouldn't have let the rest of the world that they were the first country to make it there?

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"

MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Virtual NASCAR is now a thing.

AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I also saw something about Joe Buck doing 'play by play" of various youtube videos.