Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 am 
Cornerstone

MattK wrote:
hey, does missing the world cup mark the end of the Wondo era? that's a silver lining....

He's never going away. Ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 am 
Regent's Circle

We thought it was bad when USA whiffed against Trinidad and Tobago but look at the Italians. What will Putin do?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-cup-exit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm 
Cornerstone

City beats the team that is located outside of the City of Manchester 2-1 on derby day. City now 11 points clear of United top of the table before Christmas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Emerald Circle

Question for the futbol experts here. My daughter was doing some end of the year housecleaning and came across a Barcelona FC jersey given to her by a former Spanish beau.

Is it worth anything? Otherwise she was going to put it in the donation pile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:03 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
Question for the futbol experts here. My daughter was doing some end of the year housecleaning and came across a Barcelona FC jersey given to her by a former Spanish beau.

Is it real or replica?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:20 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Is it real or replica?
It’s a smaller size so it has to be a replica. High quality, though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 pm 
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Is it real or replica?
It’s a smaller size so it has to be a replica. High quality, though.

Burn it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:34 am 
Cornerstone

I'm still not over not qualifying, but there are a lot of promising youngsters called in for the Paraguay friendly, and a lot that are playing (actually playing) in Europe, and not MLS.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Ipswich Town/ENG; 1/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 4/1), Shaq Moore (Levante/ESP; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Kortrijk/BEL; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 15/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 49/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Kekuta Manneh (Pachuca/MEX; 0/0)*, Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Darlington Nagbe (Atlanta United FC; 24/1), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 2/0), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 1/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 3/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 0/0)

FORWARDS (3): Andrija Novakovich (Telstar/NED; 0/0), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 4/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 36/10)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm 
President's Circle

We looked a lot better in the midfield. Defense was mostly okay, though Paraguay didn't press very hard. GK offered a few terrifying moments; not encouraging. We looked really poor attempting to finish. That was miserable. And we were totally outplayed in the air all over the field That was disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:15 pm 
Cornerstone

Not making subs is what upset me the most. It's a damn friendly with no WC this year. Use all 6 subs. We had a lot of 18 and 19 year olds who could have received their first caps, but didn't. I'm glad Weah got to play, if only for 5 minutes, and I'm glad our younger players are going to Europe again. This cycle will be lead by European based players like Pulisic (Dortmund), Weah (PSG), McKinnie (Schalke), Miazga (Chelsea), Carter-Vickers (Spurs), Moore, (Levante), Wood (Hamburger), Sargent (Bremen), etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94