And the Winner of the 2010 Friends of Tulane FFL title is...

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

And the Winner of the 2010 Friends of Tulane FFL title is...

Unread post by SoFlaWave »

Congratulations to the Galvez Greenies the winner of the inspiring, yet imaginary Marvin "Mad Dog" Christian trophy for 2010. The Greenies won both weeks of the final match to rout Roller and the Chantilly TiggerBaiters 275-124.

In the third place match, the beloved Florida Tortfeasors beat Soph and his Soulcrushers 144-113. Consolations ladder results had the Chinese Bandits squeaking by jwave and the River Ridge Patriots 144-140. Houston Wave beat Gsx and the Parts 140-126, and the Slidell Fighting Shrimp crushed the Waveriders 217-93.

It was a great season, and we will once again revive the league next year.
Godfather
President's Circle

Re: And the Winner of the 2010 Friends of Tulane FFL title is...

Unread post by Godfather »

Just a thought for next year...a lot of teams phoned it in during Week 17. Is there an option for the championship to be Week 16?

The Week 17 fiasco helped me in the consolation bracket but I hate to see that mess people up.
SoFlaWave
Coach Level

Unread post by SoFlaWave »

I'll give it a shot, if I can change the settings in the standard league. I think just about everyone had a problem with a bunch of teams phoning it in the last game of the season.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

SoFlaWave wrote:I'll give it a shot, if I can change the settings in the standard league.
I don't play FF and I don't know why I am even responding in this thread (just curious to see who won, I guess), and I don't know what site you run the league through, but I know that our office runs one through ESPN.com and they have their "Super Bowl" in week 16 for exactly the reason above.

Of course, if you had Peyton Manning, you'd have been scr#wed in week 16, too....
Roller
Cornerstone

Unread post by Roller »

SoFlaWave wrote:I'll give it a shot, if I can change the settings in the standard league. I think just about everyone had a problem with a bunch of teams phoning it in the last game of the season.
Well, for my money(fortunately, the league was free :wink: ), a lot of teams "phoned it in" for week 16, too. My QB got pulled at the half in week 16.

Anyhow, congrats to the Galvez Greenies for a crushing performance in the championship series.
Godfather
President's Circle

Unread post by Godfather »

Just something to think about for next year is all.

The Willow Street PECKERS (bite me BSPN) lost their championship game in spite of having several players whose teams were fighting for their playoff lives, so even if teams aren't phoning it in there's no guarantees. But it can be a randomizing factor in the championship round where you want that the least.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Well, my two money leagues resulted in money coming back my way, so I lost focus on this league fairly early, but I vow that the waveriders were in a rebuilding year. We were young, we played a lot of freshmen and we plan to have a great class coming in next year that I think will really help. :wink:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson