We need a strong push by the local New Orleans

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
StPeteWave
Navigator Level

We need a strong push by the local New Orleans

Unread post by StPeteWave »

hotel, restaurant, and retail asscoiations to see that Tulane comes through with major changes that will not only improve facilities but level the competitive playing field in Football and Basketball. With all of the talk regarding BCS conference expansion, all things being equal, Tulane would be a slam dunk. Let me think really hard about where would I want to make my visits in order to follow my team? Hattiesburg, Greenville, or New Orleans. Okay I'll give you Orlando, and Memphis but for heavens sake there are millions of additionl $$$$ that could benefit the city which are at stake. If the effort is being made, I withdraw my comments. But having spent many years in the Florida hotel industry, I struggle with seeing what IMO is so obvious. Come on folks, wake up and give the goose the help it needs to lay the "Golden Egg".
Pelican Power
Navigator Level

Re: We need a strong push by the local New Orleans

Unread post by Pelican Power »

Good point. We just have no idea where the conference landscape will begin or end until the Big Ten and Pac-10 make the first move.
TULANE University of Louisiana

OliveGreenandBlue! We love thee!

1932-ROSE Wave 1935-SUGAR Wave
1940-SUGAR Wave 2
1970-Year of the Green 1973-Bluebonnet Wave 1979-Experience Wave Craze
1998-PERFECT Wave
2013-Bowl Wave
2023-COTTON Wave
Wavebacker
Coach Level

Re: We need a strong push by the local New Orleans

Unread post by Wavebacker »

Actually I would say the City of New Orleans has a vested interest in having Tulane athletics excel. Tulane's success would elevate the school and the city and everyone would benefit. More so than in any other city.

Land of the Free...........................Home of the Wave!