Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:49 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 12788
1309th WAVE wrote:
*psst*
tulane beat a bowl team this year


ULL must be headed to the New Orleans Bowl again.

_________________
"I'm learning to fly / But I ain't got wings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 12788
OGSB wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
*psst*
tulane beat a bowl team this year


ULL must be headed to the New Orleans Bowl again.


BTW, we also beat an EIGHT win FCS team!

_________________
"I'm learning to fly / But I ain't got wings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:56 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Omnipresent
OGSB wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:
*psst*
tulane beat a bowl team this year


ULL must be headed to the New Orleans Bowl again.

Affirmative. ULL-USM will actually sell more than a few tickets.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 12788
By my count, we played 7 bowl teams.

_________________
"I'm learning to fly / But I ain't got wings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1936
Location: Baton Rouge
Just a tidbit...bowl teams with losing records.
Hawaii 6-7 in the Hawaii Bowl vs MTSU
Miss. State 5-7 in the St. Petersburg Bowl vs Miami Ohio
North Texas 5-7 in ZAXBY'S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL vs Army

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 19984
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
Also Army (if they lose to Navy). Yes they'll be 6-6, but 2 wins against FCS and only one legally counts

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:32 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29676
Location: Way ahead of you
Poseidon wrote:
Just a tidbit...bowl teams with losing records.
Hawaii 6-7 in the Hawaii Bowl vs MTSU
Miss. State 5-7 in the St. Petersburg Bowl vs Miami Ohio
North Texas 5-7 in ZAXBY'S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL vs Army
And those are the ones with the highest APRs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:34 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1936
Location: Baton Rouge
Roller wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Just a tidbit...bowl teams with losing records.
Hawaii 6-7 in the Hawaii Bowl vs MTSU
Miss. State 5-7 in the St. Petersburg Bowl vs Miami Ohio
North Texas 5-7 in ZAXBY'S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL vs Army
And those are the ones with the highest APRs?


My thought exactly.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:00 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19057
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Roller wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Just a tidbit...bowl teams with losing records.
Hawaii 6-7 in the Hawaii Bowl vs MTSU
Miss. State 5-7 in the St. Petersburg Bowl vs Miami Ohio
North Texas 5-7 in ZAXBY'S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL vs Army
And those are the ones with the highest APRs?

Translation: one more stop here or one more score there, a single win more, we'd probably have bowled at 5-7.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2096
Location: Greeneville, TN
To be clear, Hawaii didn't get in on APR. They went 6-7 and NCAA rules say 6-7 teams get in before 5-7. Mississippi St. was the second APR team in, behind UNT, and they had a 971 APR for this past year. Tulane had a 970 so we would have been close.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:46 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 19984
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
When there aren't enough bowl eligible teams it goes like this....

Teams that are 6-7 but only because they played (and lost) their conference championship game (think UCLA 2011)

Teams that are 6-6 with 2 FCS wins (Army this year)

Teams that are 6-7 regular season (Hawai'i this year)

Teams that are 5-7 in order of APR

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:54 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm
Posts: 19984
Location: Irish Channel, New Orleans
According to ESPN, UNT had an APR of 984. MS State 971. Those are the only two teams that got in via APR (Texas had a slightly higher APR but turned down a bowl invite at 5-7 because of the coaching change)

If that is accurate, Tulane would have stayed at home because of one APR point

_________________
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:28 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Omnipresent
South Alabama also went 6-6 with 2 FCS wins, they got the waiver easily because they and Presbyterian were the odd men out in that whole LSU-Florida snafu and ended up playing each other.

They're playing in a bowl that doesn't even have a TV partner, by the way.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 1936
Location: Baton Rouge
1309th WAVE wrote:
South Alabama also went 6-6 with 2 FCS wins, they got the waiver easily because they and Presbyterian were the odd men out in that whole LSU-Florida snafu and ended up playing each other.

They're playing in a bowl that doesn't even have a TV partner, by the way.


It's on the American Sports Network

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:22 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5818
Location: Dripping Springs
S. Dakota State vs. N. Dakota State - too bad it's being played indoors.
South up by 7 on a sand lot play.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:19 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Omnipresent
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... 2017-game/

Do you think this is Stanford trying to pay off Rice to move it because their stadium is old crusty butt?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:06 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 12788
OGSB wrote:
By my count, we played 7 bowl teams.


3 of them lost yesterday, giving 2 losing records.

_________________
"I'm learning to fly / But I ain't got wings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:20 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7951
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Okay I need a count. How many of you actually watched one of these WGAS (who gives a sh-t) bowls with teams with losing records? And if you're an alumnus of one of those schools, your affirmative vote doesn't count. I have watched zero bowls at all so far, and that zero will not change. Not even for the last one. College football season ended for me at the end of the TU/UCONN game.

PS: When does TU baseball season start? :!:

FS'54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17320
Location: Philly & Ocean City, MD
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Okay I need a count. How many of you actually watched one of these WGAS (who gives a sh-t) bowls with teams with losing records? And if you're an alumnus of one of those schools, your affirmative vote doesn't count. I have watched zero bowls at all so far, and that zero will not change. Not even for the last one. College football season ended for me at the end of the TU/UCONN game.

PS: When does TU baseball season start? :!:

FS'54
Zip, nada, niente, bupkas.

_________________
Tulanian since 1974


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:12 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Omnipresent
I'm a junkie for football, so I've watched all of them from Montgomery to Boise. But I don't know any better so consider me the exception rather than the rule.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:44 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6886
Location: Wisconsin
1309th WAVE wrote:
I'm a junkie for football, so I've watched all of them from Montgomery to Boise. But I don't know any better so consider me the exception rather than the rule.

I followed or saw most also. I just like college ball over The NFL. Just the way it is :!: :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:00 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29676
Location: Way ahead of you
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Okay I need a count. How many of you actually watched one of these WGAS (who gives a sh-t) bowls with teams with losing records? And if you're an alumnus of one of those schools, your affirmative vote doesn't count. I have watched zero bowls at all so far, and that zero will not change. Not even for the last one. College football season ended for me at the end of the TU/UCONN game.

PS: When does TU baseball season start? :!:

FS'54
Count me in that number with you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5818
Location: Dripping Springs
Watching Hawai'i beat Middle Tennessee - 'cause I'm the only one cleaning up after our Christmas Eve Gumbo. Funny, I cook it and clean it and if there was a bike to put together, I'd be doing that. So I just stay up drinking Cab and remembering those late night Christmas Eves putting together bikes. ping pong tables, telescopes and computers. I miss it ... :cry: Hey, but Roll Wave! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:38 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19057
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Those of you who watch all the bowl games must not have school-age children in your households. I'd love to watch a bowl because it would mean I have an evening with nothing going on. And D that hasn't happened since, oh, probably before Thanksgiving...

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah and Happy whatever else you celebrate!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:48 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6886
Location: Wisconsin
PeteRasche wrote:
Those of you who watch all the bowl games must not have school-age children in your households. I'd love to watch a bowl because it would mean I have an evening with nothing going on. And D that hasn't happened since, oh, probably before Thanksgiving...

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah and Happy whatever else you celebrate!

HAPPY HAPPINESS :green wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SlidellWave and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group