Because it's the Cup...2017!!!

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Re: Because it's the Cup...2017!!!

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Well, it is the best of 3 now. Tonight, Sunday, and if necessary, Wednesday. White knuckle time for fans. :roll:

Fan since '54
aka
Big Easy Pens Fan
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Well, the Pens won yet another cup. This time back-to-back. That hasn't been done in the era of the salary cap. And in 19 years, since '98-99. Let's go Pens!!! :lol:

Fan since '54

aka
Big Easy Pens Fan
Last edited by Fan Since '54 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

The Pens got very lucky on that quick whistle disallowing the Preds goal in the 2nd. Nashville showed no likelihood this series of winning a game 7 in Pittsburgh, but it sure would have been nice to find out. Oh well; good playoffs and entertaining finals.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Fan Since '54 wrote:Well, the Pens won yet another cup. This time back-to-back. That hasn't been done in the era of the salary cap. And in 19 years, since '98-99. Let's go Pens!!! :lol:

Fan since '54
a
aka
Big Easy Pens Fan

Yeah celebrate the fix being in two bull doody disallowed goals
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Is this where I point out it's been 24 years since a Canadian team has won the Cup?
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Ive been in Portugal until today and unable to access the site so wanted to say congrats to the Pens, 54. There were some questionable calls, but the way the predators played in Pittsburgh doomed them.

Can't say I'm not pretty disappointed though. Small market teams don't get many shots at championships and to be just 2 games away stings. Guess I'll have to wait another year for a championship for my teams/state :(
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

windywave wrote:
Fan Since '54 wrote:Well, the Pens won yet another cup. This time back-to-back. That hasn't been done in the era of the salary cap. And in 19 years, since '98-99. Let's go Pens!!! :lol:

Fan since '54

aka
Big Easy Pens Fan

Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Fan Since '54 wrote:
windywave wrote:

Fan since '54

aka
Big Easy Pens Fan

I don't understand the hate for the Pens in general and Sid in particular. The guy is totally a generational player. The best in the game right now. You might be able to argue that with me but not with everyone else (in hockey) who are pretty much in 100% agreement with that assessment (including Mike Milbury, who I am pretty sure hates the Pens). And I am not what you might call a bandwagon Pens fan. I have been following them since '75. And in those years there was not much to get up and shout about for Pens fans. But I must admit my vigilance has been rewarded...in spades.

'54
aka
BEPF