College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Re: College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Post by Fan Since '54 »

1401973 wrote:Eff lsu and each and every one of their fans.

Funny story: Yesterday after work went to do some cardio at the local gym. Two treadmills down from me is a meathead with his lsu cr@p on watching the replay (important word) of the previous night's lsu/FL game. He is living and breathing every pitch: "Come on tigahs!" "You can do it tigahs!" "Bad call ump!" "Where was that pitch?", etc. Of course, has his headset on so is yelling this loudly so the whole gym can hear him. The dude next to him tries to tell him it is a replay, but he doesn't hear. This goes on for 20+ minutes. Finally when the dude next to him finishes, he taps him on the shoulder and gives him the bad news. The tigah fan throws his headset on the ground, goes on a cursing rant while all the people around are laughing so hard we almost fall off our treadmills.
It was priceless.
Ah, he's probably watching game 2 (replay) today, not knowing it's all over but the shouting (UF), crying (LSU). TOLSUF...for "typically obnoxious LSU fan". :lol:

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

It reminds me of the time, years ago, when I went into a bar, and there was a guy in a Nexium purple/school bus yellow jersey, intently watching the news, which was showing a man on the GNO bridge, where cops were trying to talk him down. I walked over to him, and I said
"I'll bet you $10 that he jumps." He jumped on the wager, then watched in shock as the guy leapt from the bridge.

He sheepishly handed me $10, but I handed it right back, saying "I can't take your money. That was a replay of what was carried live a couple of hours ago."

He said, "Yeah, I saw that then, too, but I didn't think the guy was dumb enough to jump TWICE!"
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Roller wrote:It reminds me of the time, years ago, when I went into a bar, and there was a guy in a Nexium purple/school bus yellow jersey, intently watching the news, which was showing a man on the GNO bridge, where cops were trying to talk him down. I walked over to him, and I said
"I'll bet you $10 that he jumps." He jumped on the wager, then watched in shock as the guy leapt from the bridge.

He sheepishly handed me $10, but I handed it right back, saying "I can't take your money. That was a replay of what was carried live a couple of hours ago."

He said, "Yeah, I saw that then, too, but I didn't think the guy was dumb enough to jump TWICE!"
Did you take your $10 back?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
MattK wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
FW wrote:I can't believe I have to root for Florida
I wore an orange polo shirt to work today knowing my lspoo co-workers were going to heckle me horribly. Now that Florida won, I have washed that shirt tonight & it will be on again tomorrow!!! They will hear "I'ts great to be a Florida Gator" played on loop from my office!! LOL
you washed it? what's wrong with you??
Not only did I wear it again I wore blue pants to match!!! Then, before I left work, I posted Florida Gator signs on like 5 doors of my rabid LSWho co-workers. Can't wait till they walk in tomorrow morning!!! I said the heck with jinxing Florida & it worked!!!! Now only if I wear green shirts every Tulane Baseball gameday..... :mrgreen:

Bring in corn dogs for lunch.
Dude we are having hot dogs & Chile for our office lunch on Monday. We are having a 4th of July Party. Thanks for the tip b/c corndogs WILL be brought by me personally!!! Now I gotta make a Jazzy sign for them to help themselves!!! All my LSpoo co-workers took down their signs before I got into work today & acted like they had no idea what happened? It was eerily quiet today for some reason????? :lol:
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

gerryb323 wrote:
Roller wrote:It reminds me of the time, years ago, when I went into a bar, and there was a guy in a Nexium purple/school bus yellow jersey, intently watching the news, which was showing a man on the GNO bridge, where cops were trying to talk him down. I walked over to him, and I said

Did you take your $10 back?
:lol:
I guess I should have. And told him, "The next time you do something that stupid, it'll cost you $20."