College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Post by BACONWAVE »

I am sick & tired of having to read that LSU makes another comeback against all odds. How many souls have been sacrificed to Beelzebub for their damn luck. Frikin Rally Possum, Rally Monkey, Can of Corn etc.... They might as well just start football games with 5 minutes to go in the 4th or baseball games in the eighth inning for them. :evil:
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
djh
Coach Level

Re: College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Post by djh »

BACONWAVE wrote:I am sick & tired of having to read that LSU makes another comeback against all odds. How many souls have been sacrificed to Beelzebub for their damn luck. Frikin Rally Possum, Rally Monkey, Can of Corn etc.... They might as well just start football games with 5 minutes to go in the 4th or baseball games in the eighth inning for them. :evil:
leu did not win that game, the notes lost it.
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
Wavemania
President's Circle

Post by Wavemania »

and that is why Martin will never win at Fla St. CHOKE!!!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

That three error debacle made me sad
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I don't care a lick about the CWS unless we're in it but I just watched the highlights of that game on ncaa.com and good gracious, if that's not stereootypical LSU stuff, I don't know what is. Makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, they scored their first run on a dropped third strike from FIRST FRIGGIN BASE?? And then the comedy of errors by FSU in the 8th to just hand them the game.... being an LSU fan must just be one continuous string of "OHMYGODICAN'TBELIEVETHATJUSTHAPPENEDANDWEWON!!!!", and 90% of them being nothing that their own team even did.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Mike Martin is only 73. I swear he was 73 in 1995.
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

I hate that the schedule has become so spread out that using your top 2 pitchers in game 1 has become an option.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

BACONWAVE wrote:I am sick & tired of having to read that LSU makes another comeback against all odds. How many souls have been sacrificed to Beelzebub for their damn luck. Frikin Rally Possum, Rally Monkey, Can of Corn etc.... They might as well just start football games with 5 minutes to go in the 4th or baseball games in the eighth inning for them. :evil:
Nothing can ever compare to their luck on the gridiron in '07. They lost in the their last regular season game to Arkansas and even their fans thought their shot at being in the Championship game were gone. Yet all the f'n dominoes (and there were about 10 of them) fell their way in games played the next weekend and they ended up in the game and winning it. Beelzebub must have answered their "prayers" that year.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Luck has run out. Beavers up 8-0 on a salami.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote:Luck has run out. Beavers up 8-0 on a salami.
Is it over?
Victory is never permanent
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

OGSB wrote:
Is it over?
T7, Beavers up 11-0. Corndogs are in no mas mode.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Last score I saw was 13-1 in the 8th
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

TUPF wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Is it over?
Couldn't happen to a "better" group of people..... :lol:
Bring home da Wave!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

doncecco wrote:
TUPF wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Is it over?
Couldn't happen to a "better" group of people..... :lol:
Seriously guys.. are we THAT petty that we can't support a fellow state school in... awww, who am I trying to kid?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

The worst is they will bemoan losing to what is very likely the best college baseball team ever.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Poseidon wrote:The worst is they will bemoan losing to what is very likely the best college baseball team ever.
before that game every lsu fan said Oregon St was overrated and hadn't played anyone. Looks like they still haven't. lsu is only there because the second half of their sec schedule was against bad teams.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:lsu is only there because the second half of their sec schedule was against bad teams.
And because FSU soiled the bed against them in game one... otherwise they'd have been against CSF in the elimination game and probably 2NQ.
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

I'm still trying to fathom a baseball team going 56-4 at any level.
CletusRelm
Navigator Level

Post by CletusRelm »

Question on last night's CWS game between LSU and OSU:

OSU has bases loaded, with 1 out. The OSU batter hits a very easy grounder back to the LSU pitcher on the mound, the pitcher muffs the easy grounder, realizes that he can't get the force out at home. So he goes to 1st base for the sure out.

Is that an error?

I say no, it's just scored as a 1 - 3 put out at first. (It looked like it could have been a very easy 1 - 2 - 3 double play)
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

CletusRelm wrote:Question on last night's CWS game between LSU and OSU:

OSU has bases loaded, with 1 out. The OSU batter hits a very easy grounder back to the LSU pitcher on the mound, the pitcher muffs the easy grounder, realizes that he can't get the force out at home. So he goes to 1st base for the sure out.

Is that an error?

I say no, it's just scored as a 1 - 3 put out at first. (It looked like it could have been a very easy 1 - 2 - 3 double play)
This is what is meant when you hear people say "can't assume the double play". It's not an error.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

MattK wrote:I'm still trying to fathom a baseball team going 56-4 at any level.
It's really amazing. We were 47-9 after the regular season in 2005, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, that with a couple of breaks, that team could have done something similar, but look at OSU's stats. Their team ERA is 1.48 (yeah, I know molester and all). Their "worst" pitcher (with meaningful IP) is at 3.53. Molester guy was at 0.76 ERA. #2 starter is 14-0 with a 1.84. They have 4 guys with ERAs under 1. 6 guys under 2. 10 guys under 3, and 11 under 4.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

FW wrote:
It's really amazing. We were 47-9 after the regular season in 2005, so it's not out of the realm of possibility, that with a couple of breaks, that team could have done something similar, but look at OSU's stats. Their team ERA is 1.48 (yeah, I know molester and all). Their "worst" pitcher (with meaningful IP) is at 3.53. Molester guy was at 0.76 ERA. #2 starter is 14-0 with a 1.84. They have 4 guys with ERAs under 1. 6 guys under 2. 10 guys under 3, and 11 under 4.
Adding to the amazing numbers, their opponents are hitting .195 against them with on base percentage of .263. 7 different pitchers have saved a game.

I haven't seen much of LSU other than our 2 victories and a handful of their postseason games but I just don't get how they made it this far. I watched them trot out the same guys last night that didn't pitch well against us and they were equally unimpressive.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

NJwave wrote:
FW wrote:
Adding to the amazing numbers, their opponents are hitting .195 against them with on base percentage of .263. 7 different pitchers have saved a game.

I haven't seen much of LSU other than our 2 victories and a handful of their postseason games but I just don't get how they made it this far. I watched them trot out the same guys last night that didn't pitch well against us and they were equally unimpressive.
You haven't seen them at their best. They are a pretty good team with a lot of talent. The crappy thing for the players is the corndog fans are stupid and expect the Alabama football - win/loss numbers. Then when it doesn't happen because baseball is not football and also they aren't what they were relative to everyone else 20 years ago, the fans get restless. That in turn does destabilize the atmosphere program a just enough to cause the cycle of underachieving. THIS IS LSU SPORTS. Aside from falling into two generational coaches like Saban and skip they have always underachieved when actually talented and overachieved when not. Doomed to a sort of mediocrity. I suspect that Ogeron will be much of the same.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

I haven't seen much of the CWS but the last 2 games I checked in on, all 4 teams are former conference mates: Florida St, LSU, Louisville & TCU.
Victory is never permanent
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Oregon State just got jobbed on a game-tying hit (should've been a hit, anyway, at least a double, perhaps a triple) that was called "foul." More dumb corndog luck