College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Re: College World Series/Lucky Corndog rant

Post by BACONWAVE »

OSU might has well have brooms to reach this Ump's strike zone.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

TUPF wrote:Luck has run out.
Not quite yet
Victory is never permanent
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

BACONWAVE wrote:OSU might has well have brooms to reach this Ump's strike zone.
Wow. Bad.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Ump rung up OSU catcher with pitch in other batter box!!!!!! :xmad:
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Mainieri called it a "pitcher-friendly" strike zone? It may be that, but it's actually a complete perversion of the game.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Awful for OSUs season to end like this.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

SOOOOO disappointed by OSU.

I really did not want to be forced to pull for either Florida or TCU.

But now I guess it's GO HORNY TOADS!
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

I can't believe I have to root for Florida
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

FW wrote:I can't believe I have to root for Florida
I wore an orange polo shirt to work today knowing my lspoo co-workers were going to heckle me horribly. Now that Florida won, I have washed that shirt tonight & it will be on again tomorrow!!! They will hear "I'ts great to be a Florida Gator" played on loop from my office!! LOL
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

BACONWAVE wrote:
I wore an orange polo shirt to work today knowing my lspoo co-workers were going to heckle me horribly. Now that Florida won, I have washed that shirt tonight & it will be on again tomorrow!!! They will hear "I'ts great to be a Florida Gator" played on loop from my office!! LOL
you washed it? what's wrong with you??
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
Let's hope the orange polo shirt doesn't have the same effect as the sweep shirts.

LSU should have to forfeit based on how stupid Kramer Robinson's hair looks. I will go out on a limb and say men with fake platinum blonde hair is not something women like.
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

NJwave wrote:I will go out on a limb and say men with fake platinum blonde hair is not something women like.
That's probably not the gender he's concerned with impressing. :wink:
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Given the title of this thread, don't go counting any corndogs before they are ... LSU has faced elimination 3 times so far this CWS and is 3-0. I would not be surprised if they play again tomorrow.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Dem's some angry corndogs!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Fans seem to have given up. Leaving in bottom 8.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

gerryb323 wrote:Fans seem to have given up. Leaving in bottom 8.
How do you leave in the 8th inning of championship series? It looks tough but crappy fans to leave.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Our long national nightmare is over.
67 days of food threadjacks now?
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

MattK wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
Not only did I wear it again I wore blue pants to match!!! Then, before I left work, I posted Florida Gator signs on like 5 doors of my rabid LSWho co-workers. Can't wait till they walk in tomorrow morning!!! I said the heck with jinxing Florida & it worked!!!! Now only if I wear green shirts every Tulane Baseball gameday..... :mrgreen:
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

wave-em in wrote:
NJwave wrote:I will go out on a limb and say men with fake platinum blonde hair is not something women like.
That's probably not the gender he's concerned with impressing. :wink:
He-Man called....He wants his hair back.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BACONWAVE wrote:
MattK wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
Not only did I wear it again I wore blue pants to match!!! Then, before I left work, I posted Florida Gator signs on like 5 doors of my rabid LSWho co-workers. Can't wait till they walk in tomorrow morning!!! I said the heck with jinxing Florida & it worked!!!! Now only if I wear green shirts every Tulane Baseball gameday..... :mrgreen:

Bring in corn dogs for lunch.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

windywave wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
MattK wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:

Bring in corn dogs for lunch.
I'd bring in a toy Hess truck 2/3 of the way through the day, have it go really fast for about an hour and watch it run out of gas late.

Make sure these co-workers stay all day no matter how bad things get. No leaving for the exits at the first sign of adversity.

I find it admirable that BaconWave refers to the LSU guys that deliver lunch as co-workers.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

thank you Gators. From the very depth of my heart, thank you. You out of town guys think its hard having to listen/read to this LSU cr@p? Try living down her where its on 24/7 on every media there is. And now, finally, its over.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Eff lsu and each and every one of their fans.

Funny story: Yesterday after work went to do some cardio at the local gym. Two treadmills down from me is a meathead with his lsu cr@p on watching the replay (important word) of the previous night's lsu/FL game. He is living and breathing every pitch: "Come on tigahs!" "You can do it tigahs!" "Bad call ump!" "Where was that pitch?", etc. Of course, has his headset on so is yelling this loudly so the whole gym can hear him. The dude next to him tries to tell him it is a replay, but he doesn't hear. This goes on for 20+ minutes. Finally when the dude next to him finishes, he taps him on the shoulder and gives him the bad news. The tigah fan throws his headset on the ground, goes on a cursing rant while all the people around are laughing so hard we almost fall off our treadmills.
It was priceless.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I watched a lot of the first game but that was mostly because I was hanging out with friends out in Monday evening's surprisingly nice weather. Obviously I wasn't rooting for them and preferred that they lose but I just didn't have the energy to get wound up over this.

Now it's pre-football season so I can get back to hating the real LSU team but...I have a feeling I might want them to win just enough to keep Big Dumb Ed around for an extra couple of years.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

1401973 wrote:Eff lsu and each and every one of their fans.

Funny story: Yesterday after work went to do some cardio at the local gym. Two treadmills down from me is a meathead with his lsu cr@p on watching the replay (important word) of the previous night's lsu/FL game. He is living and breathing every pitch: "Come on tigahs!" "You can do it tigahs!" "Bad call ump!" "Where was that pitch?", etc. Of course, has his headset on so is yelling this loudly so the whole gym can hear him. The dude next to him tries to tell him it is a replay, but he doesn't hear. This goes on for 20+ minutes. Finally when the dude next to him finishes, he taps him on the shoulder and gives him the bad news. The tigah fan throws his headset on the ground, goes on a cursing rant while all the people around are laughing so hard we almost fall off our treadmills.
It was priceless.
Well that's about the most awesome story I've read on this forum in a long time.