Sportsnola

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Sportsnola

Post by MNAlum »

Looks like sportsnola.com is done after 9 years. Any word on the reason for its demise? Any chance the group will end up elsewhere?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Sportsnola

Post by TUPF »

Like that game we play with old actors...I thought they were already dead!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Now Ed Daniels only has the local Catholic newspaper in which to publish The Ed Daniels Tulane Story.
Last edited by long green on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

But Lenny Vangilder... :(
W5B7S4B3
Crest Level

Post by W5B7S4B3 »

Post from Ken Trahan on Twitter:

A message from Ken Trahan
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Ken Trahan says that the sportsnola model - what he calls your favorite site for prep sports, game webcasts, scoreboard, all local sports - will be back as of August 1st. I'd guess it will be a website not too far removed from sportsnola. Yippee.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

long green wrote:Ken Trahan says that the sportsnola model - what he calls your favorite site for prep sports, game webcasts, scoreboard, all local sports - will be back as of August 1st. I'd guess it will be a website not too far removed from sportsnola. Yippee.
and so it is back, now known as crescent city sports. So here is the most likely place to find Ed Daniels latest thoughts on Tulane athletics.

http://crescentcitysports.com/
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I saw that yesterday on social media and was glad to see those guys have a new gig. Love or hate them now, they will likely be pro-Tulane when we start winning, which is more than you can say for the TP.

Especially glad for Lenny Vangilder, a great guy and friend of Tulane, even if he wasn't covering us much before. I believe he's still working on a Tulane basketball 25th anniversary video from the 1992 NCAA team. I'm hoping that can be done and tied to something at homecoming this year (especially since I'll be there :green wink: ).
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I agree with your first sentence. I was being tongue in cheek with my last sentence.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote:I agree with your first sentence. I was being tongue in cheek with my last sentence.
My comments weren't directed at yours in any way, just at the general opinion of those folks by many here.