Dolphins sign Cutler

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Dolphins sign Cutler

Post by windywave »

doncecco wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:In professional sports, fans just care about winning. Lawrence Taylor is the scum of the earth, but most Giants fans could care less. He is an all time great. Michael Vick signed a huge contract and was cheered when he produced in Philadelphia. Look at all the players with domestic violence issues, gun issues and drug issues in the NFL. As long as they can play, they normally get signed. Without a video, the public outcry would have been less and Ray Rice would have been back in the NFL.

The fact is most Dolphins fans would cheer Kaepernick if they won and boo Mother Theresa is she didn't have a good arm.
Wait, what crime did Kaepernick commit to put him in the discussion with the names above?
Encouraged millions of fans to stop watching. Not a "crime" in the legal sense, but clearly in the "doing business" sense.

And for the record, I would take Kap over Cutler. Both are terrible, but Kap has more upside and can be a decent QB with the right coaching and support around him.

Cutler is nothing but a turnover machine -and a true cancer in the locker room - political beliefs not needed.
I don't know aboit your last paragraph. His O line sucked and believe or not his teammates defended him
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

doncecco wrote:
ml wave wrote:
NJwave wrote:In professional sports, fans just care about winning. Lawrence Taylor is the scum of the earth, but most Giants fans could care less. He is an all time great. Michael Vick signed a huge contract and was cheered when he produced in Philadelphia. Look at all the players with domestic violence issues, gun issues and drug issues in the NFL. As long as they can play, they normally get signed. Without a video, the public outcry would have been less and Ray Rice would have been back in the NFL.

The fact is most Dolphins fans would cheer Kaepernick if they won and boo Mother Theresa is she didn't have a good arm.
Wait, what crime did Kaepernick commit to put him in the discussion with the names above?
Encouraged millions of fans to stop watching. Not a "crime" in the legal sense, but clearly in the "doing business" sense.

And for the record, I would take Kap over Cutler. Both are terrible, but Kap has more upside and can be a decent QB with the right coaching and support around him.

Cutler is nothing but a turnover machine -and a true cancer in the locker room - political beliefs not needed.
I'd agree that both are subpar QB's, but I don't really agree with the description of Cutler. As Windy said, his teammates did defend him.
Both have been decent QB's at times with the right coaching. In this instance with knowing the offense already and being familiar with Gase, Cutler is probably the right choice in this situation.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

visualmagic wrote:
doncecco wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I'd agree that both are subpar QB's, but I don't really agree with the description of Cutler. As Windy said, his teammates did defend him.
Both have been decent QB's at times with the right coaching. In this instance with knowing the offense already and being familiar with Gase, Cutler is probably the right choice in this situation.
As far as I know Cutlers teammates have pretty much always defended him. The media is who seems to give him a rough time. They way he exited Denver may be questionable, but he lasted much longer than the coach at Denver who he was at odds with. The bears O-line was patchwork his entire time in Chicago and the Defense fell off the table. While Cutler may not be a great quarterback, he is easily capable of being a good one in the league.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

“The good thing is I play quarterback so I don’t have to be in that great cardiovascular shape,” Cutler said with a smile today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eat-shape/
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Cutler's pretty much indefensible. I mean he married that chick from that show. She's awful. Terrible judge of character. Supposed to be a leader of men and you go with that? Good luck Miami!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

gerryb323 wrote:Cutler's pretty much indefensible. I mean he married that chick from that show. She's awful. Terrible judge of character. Supposed to be a leader of men and you go with that? Good luck Miami!
Was this supposed to be in pink?
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

wave-em in wrote:“The good thing is I play quarterback so I don’t have to be in that great cardiovascular shape,” Cutler said with a smile today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eat-shape/
Cutler the John Daly of the NFL?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:The Dolphins will probably still light up the Saints with Cutler. Even he can get the ball to Landry, Parker, Stills, Thomas, Ajayi against the Saints defense. I say 8-8, but that's just because they get the Jets and Bills 4 times total.
Cutler played the Saints 3 times as a Bear...and didn't crack 20 points in any of those games.
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

doncecco wrote:
ml wave wrote:

:roll:
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:Cutler's pretty much indefensible. I mean he married that chick from that show. She's awful. Terrible judge of character. Supposed to be a leader of men and you go with that? Good luck Miami!
:hithead: [/pink]
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
I'm sorry. I am fool. Please educate me as to who "that chick from that show" is and why her character should be in doubt.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:The Dolphins will probably still light up the Saints with Cutler. Even he can get the ball to Landry, Parker, Stills, Thomas, Ajayi against the Saints defense. I say 8-8, but that's just because they get the Jets and Bills 4 times total.
Cutler played the Saints 3 times as a Bear...and didn't crack 20 points in any of those games.
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
And that's relevant to 2017..........?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
I'm sorry. I am fool. Please educate me as to who "that chick from that show" is and why her character should be in doubt.
Cutler's ol' lady.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
Because it's the same QB? Who doesn't exactly have a history of "light(ing) up the Saints"?
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
Because it's the same QB? Who doesn't exactly have a history of "light(ing) up the Saints"?
Same QB, not the same team. A 13-3 Saints team beat an 8-8 Bears team with Cutler. An 11-5 Saints team beat an 8-8 Bears team with Cutler, and a 7-9 Saints team beat a 5-11 Bears team with Cutler. None of those were good Bears team (2 were good Saints teams) and none of the Bears' teams had Adam Gase.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Cutler's ol' lady.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Cavallari
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
Same QB, not the same team. A 13-3 Saints team beat an 8-8 Bears team with Cutler. An 11-5 Saints team beat an 8-8 Bears team with Cutler, and a 7-9 Saints team beat a 5-11 Bears team with Cutler. None of those were good Bears team (2 were good Saints teams) and none of the Bears' teams had Adam Gase.
Well, so the 7-9 saints team would have been 6-10, as would the Bears if the Bears won!
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

gerryb323 wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
Well, so the 7-9 saints team would have been 6-10, as would the Bears if the Bears won!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

FW wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
But what if?!
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
I didn't mention who won the games because, as you might say, it's not relevant. But if you're going to say that "even he can get the ball to (insert not exactly murderer's row of playmakers here) against the Saints"...maybe he can't. He sure didn't when he was with Chicago. Seems relevant to me.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
FW wrote:
ml wave wrote:
well, it's settled
My bad for facts
I didn't mention who won the games because, as you might say, it's not relevant. But if you're going to say that "even he can get the ball to (insert not exactly murderer's row of playmakers here) against the Saints"...maybe he can't. He sure didn't when he was with Chicago. Seems relevant to me.
I'm not really sure what you're saying, but I argue he has better talent in Miami around him, especially since everyone was hurt in Chicago.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Cutler's ol' lady.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Cavallari
I don't see why he would be attracted to her.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Really sells the Wildcat:

Victory is never permanent
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle