Saints 2017

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
doncecco
President's Circle

Re: Saints 2017

Unread post by doncecco »

gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:
Man in Green wrote:Kamara named 2nd team All Pro. Cam Jordan 1st team All Pro.
Ingram doesn’t make All Pro so he cannot become a free agent this year.
Obviously good for the Saints Ingram didn't get, and hard to argue that Gurley didn't have the better overall season, EXCEPT, Gurley didn't have a Kamara taking 50% of the touches from him and equaling his overall output. And Ingram is a top notch pass blocker to boot.
It's kinda messed up that Bell was able to make the first and second teams. Takes a spot away from a guy like Ingram. A couple other guys made both teams too. You'd think the guys who were close who missed out on bonuses would have a complaint to their union rep.
I did not realize this, and yes, it's flat out dumb. Like Bell played a different position to deserve 2nd team RB compared to when he played the "flex." The only case I can think of where this would make any sense if there was a 2-way player or say a QB that was also a punter, which will likely never happen in the modern NFL.

That being said, I doubt there's any avenue to address this as it is not part of the NFL, but the antiquated, nearly irrelevant AP.
Bring home da Wave!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

doncecco wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:
Obviously good for the Saints Ingram didn't get, and hard to argue that Gurley didn't have the better overall season, EXCEPT, Gurley didn't have a Kamara taking 50% of the touches from him and equaling his overall output. And Ingram is a top notch pass blocker to boot.
It's kinda messed up that Bell was able to make the first and second teams. Takes a spot away from a guy like Ingram. A couple other guys made both teams too. You'd think the guys who were close who missed out on bonuses would have a complaint to their union rep.
I did not realize this, and yes, it's flat out dumb. Like Bell played a different position to deserve 2nd team RB compared to when he played the "flex." The only case I can think of where this would make any sense if there was a 2-way player or say a QB that was also a punter, which will likely never happen in the modern NFL.

That being said, I doubt there's any avenue to address this as it is not part of the NFL, but the antiquated, nearly irrelevant AP.
Agreed on the unlikelihood of change. One guy did make it as KR and PR this year, which does make sense.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:

Agreed on the unlikelihood of change. One guy did make it as KR and PR this year, which does make sense.
And that guy, Pharoah Cooper for the Rams just blew a point return. Failed to call his guys off and it bounced off a blocker's foot. Flipped the field for Atlanta
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
doncecco wrote:

And that guy, Pharoah Cooper for the Rams just blew a point return. Failed to call his guys off and it bounced off a blocker's foot. Flipped the field for Atlanta
And he just fumbled