Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Saints 2017
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:07 pm 
Coach Level

windywave wrote:
Keep talking boys, I want plenty of crow for the BBQ because there is no way we should win the game on paper.

Couldn't win it on the field either

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:10 pm 
Emerald Circle

visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:
Keep talking boys, I want plenty of crow for the BBQ because there is no way we should win the game on paper.

Nope but then I had no expectations we would.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:31 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

windywave wrote:
So when the blind squirrel wins again this week, you want your crow smoked or grilles?

I may have to confirm with my 8 year old who's working with the grammar box at school, but I'm pretty sure that "when" in that statement above indicates expectations... "if" on the other hand would have indicated no expectations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:51 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

windywave wrote:
So when the blind squirrel wins again this week, you want your crow smoked or grilles?

I may have to confirm with my 8 year old who's working with the grammar box at school, but I'm pretty sure that "when" in that statement above indicates expectations... "if" on the other hand would have indicated no expectations

Read the dick comment I was reaponding to in a dickish tone. You can use this thread to teach her context.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:07 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

windywave wrote:

Read the dick comment I was reaponding to in a dickish tone. You can use this thread to teach her context.

And about dicks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

windywave wrote:

And about dicks

I'll just let Jmac smack you upside the head for that one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am 
Emerald Circle

The Saints didn't play well and still won. Some of the fans who are paying attention are starting to notice how the relative lack of threats at the receiving positions is affecting this team. Snead has imploded and as a result the Saints do not have a real #2 wideout option behind Thomas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
windywave wrote:

windywave wrote:

Don't leave this one out when you have that conversation...

windywave wrote:
So that the Bears crushing the Saints will be immortalized? Sure thing.

They did get over 150 yards passing though, so it's not all bad news.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:18 am 
Emerald Circle

Anyone know which hospital he went to?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:36 pm 
President's Circle

windywave wrote:
Anyone know which hospital he went to?

University

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 pm 
Regent's Circle

windywave wrote:

your alleged "context" doesn't justify the use of "when" instead of "if".. you were implying you had expectations of a win and a crow eating from the other side... don't re-write the rules when things don't turn your way..this isn't wiffle ball

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:43 pm 
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:

your alleged "context" doesn't justify the use of "when" instead of "if".. you were implying you had expectations of a win and a crow eating from the other side... don't re-write the rules when things don't turn your way..this isn't wiffle ball

I expected us to lose, but was building up hyperbolic smack talking in the unlikely event we won.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm 
President's Circle

long green wrote:
The Saints didn't play well and still won. Some of the fans who are paying attention are starting to notice how the relative lack of threats at the receiving positions is affecting this team. Snead has imploded and as a result the Saints do not have a real #2 wideout option behind Thomas.

I think Ginn has been good, maybe not quite full-time #2 good, but better than I expected. That catch yesterday was outstanding - what he lacks in quantity he makes up in quality so far.

Snead is the #2 and just needs to get healthy.

Coleman has shown some real progress as well.

I think SP has finally figured it out - running and/or screens and/or short game is better for this team in the long haul than airing it out 40-50 times/game. That means less need for big time receivers. The record is proving that out.

And as far as yesterday's game, it is extremely encouraging they are able to pull out a game where they were less than stellar. And the fact they are getting calls they shouldn't is a good sign - the 2009 team was lucky in that way. You need to have things bounce your way like that in the NFL to counter injuries and turnovers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:48 pm 
Regent's Circle

doncecco wrote:
long green wrote:

I think Ginn has been good, maybe not quite full-time #2 good, but better than I expected. That catch yesterday was outstanding - what he lacks in quantity he makes up in quality so far.

Snead is the #2 and just needs to get healthy.

Coleman has shown some real progress as well.

I think SP has finally figured it out - running and/or screens and/or short game is better for this team in the long haul than airing it out 40-50 times/game. That means less need for big time receivers. The record is proving that out.

And as far as yesterday's game, it is extremely encouraging they are able to pull out a game where they were less than stellar. And the fact they are getting calls they shouldn't is a good sign - the 2009 team was lucky in that way. You need to have things bounce your way like that in the NFL to counter injuries and turnovers.

comparing perceived blown calls... people who want to argue the Zach Miller call was wrong would need to accept the fact Ingram's knee was indeed down on the second fumble... I saw the ball move in Miller's arm when the nose hit the ground.. they saw the same thing in NY... but I think there was also enough evidence to overturn the second Ingram fumble that they didn't see like I and Chris Spielman saw it

was nice to get a big break for a change, though

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 pm 
Regent's Circle

Wouldn't mind some explanation for the phantom facemask call also...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:

I think after about fifteen replay angles, they determined it was Vacarro who grabbed the facemask of the TE before the pass was thrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I think after about fifteen replay angles, they determined it was Vacarro who grabbed the facemask of the TE before the pass was thrown

They said that on the broadcast, but I sure couldn't see it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:51 am 
Emerald Circle

I never saw him do that and what is more important, the referee standing at the back of the end zone has pulled his flag out to throw it before Vacarro could have possibly grabbed the face mask.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 pm 
Coach Level

long green wrote:
I never saw him do that and what is more important, the referee standing at the back of the end zone has pulled his flag out to throw it before Vacarro could have possibly grabbed the face mask.

I believe he grabbed the face mask of a different receiver up by the line of scrimmage. I'm not even sure if they called it on the right person. There was contact between 2 players on the right side of the defense, and that's when the flag came out. At least from my view from the terrace in that end zone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:28 pm 
Regent's Circle

MattK wrote:
long green wrote:

I believe he grabbed the face mask of a different receiver up by the line of scrimmage. I'm not even sure if they called it on the right person. There was contact between 2 players on the right side of the defense, and that's when the flag came out. At least from my view from the terrace in that end zone.

They called it on Williams who never touched anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm 
Regent's Circle

ml wave wrote:

I think we all can agree that was dead wrong... fortunately water under the bridge and it didn't cost them the game

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 pm 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I think we all can agree that was dead wrong... fortunately water under the bridge and it didn't cost them the game

Agreed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 pm 
Regent's Circle

Lattimore got Rookie of the Month... Pro Football Focus has him graded higher than any rookie at any position since they started grading players in 2006... I'm curious just where Breaux fits in if they activate him... which it doesn't look like they are going to do this weekend since I'm typing this on Thursday night and there has been no announcement of roster moves.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am 
Emerald Circle

Good God...

I thought the Saints were a better-on-a-neutral-field team than the Bills going in but I did not see that coming. If Willie Snead gets going this team will be almost scary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm 
President's Circle

The Saints may have both Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year. Defensive for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next