Saints 2017

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: Saints 2017

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
MNAlum wrote:Nice win yesterday over the Panthers. Good to be 3-0 in division. Probably need to run the table to get a bye.
I don't think that will even happen because it will take 2 Minnesota losses... that's not going to happen
I think Minnesota will probably lose 2 more, but that also assumes the saints go undefeated
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

And now I'm mad about officiating all over again. Thursday night football is garbage and I hope the NFLPA can find some leverage in doing something about it.
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

NFL = WWE with pads
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

wave-em in wrote:NFL = WWE with pads
Last night had nothing on this past Monday's Steelers/Bengals game. It seems like the more they try to regulate out the injurious hits, the more of them occur.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Why wasn't Deion Jones ejected for a hitting Kamara in the head? Not even a flag for roughness. Reminded me of the hit on Pierre Thomas in that playoff game with the 49ers. Jones was clearly looking to knock Kamara out of the game. Kamara was held up and in the process of going down. Of course all the LSU types are excusing it.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

9 first downs by penalty to zero. There's your game. Give the Saints Kamara throughout and just three FD's by penalty and they win that game by two touchdowns.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Man in Green wrote:Why wasn't Deion Jones ejected for a hitting Kamara in the head? Not even a flag for roughness. Reminded me of the hit on Pierre Thomas in that playoff game with the 49ers. Jones was clearly looking to knock Kamara out of the game. Kamara was held up and in the process of going down. Of course all the LSU types are excusing it.
Quite a few of those types aren't. I didn't think it was intentional.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

PeteRasche wrote:
Last night had nothing on this past Monday's Steelers/Bengals game. It seems like the more they try to regulate out the injurious hits, the more of them occur.
They need to start ejecting players for targeting along with a 1 game suspension. That will put an end to it.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

long green wrote:
Man in Green wrote:Why wasn't Deion Jones ejected for a hitting Kamara in the head? Not even a flag for roughness. Reminded me of the hit on Pierre Thomas in that playoff game with the 49ers. Jones was clearly looking to knock Kamara out of the game. Kamara was held up and in the process of going down. Of course all the LSU types are excusing it.
Quite a few of those types aren't. I didn't think it was intentional.
I disagree. Kamara was held up and Jones was going in for the knockout blow.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Man in Green wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
They need to start ejecting players for targeting along with a 1 game suspension. That will put an end to it.
No it won't. Targeting in CFP is a crap rule badly enforced. It should be done away with in college, forget about bringing it to the pros. I say that knowing that it's coming.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

long green wrote:
Man in Green wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
No it won't. Targeting in CFP is a crap rule badly enforced. It should be done away with in college, forget about bringing it to the pros. I say that knowing that it's coming.
Agree on all accounts. It’s a mini death penalty and it has to be so egregious that unless someone is knocked unconscious and being carted off, no zebra wants to be second guessed.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

1309th WAVE wrote:And now I'm mad about officiating all over again. Thursday night football is garbage and I hope the NFLPA can find some leverage in doing something about it.
WAAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAH! :razz:
Plan your work, work your plan.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

long green wrote:9 first downs by penalty to zero. There's your game. Give the Saints Kamara throughout and just three FD's by penalty and they win that game by two touchdowns.
WAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAH! LOL
Plan your work, work your plan.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

That hit wasn't against any rules as Kamara had caught the ball and ran and therefore wasn't defenseless.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Rotorooter wrote:
long green wrote:9 first downs by penalty to zero. There's your game. Give the Saints Kamara throughout and just three FD's by penalty and they win that game by two touchdowns.
WAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAH! LOL
Yeah, we're still ticked off. We're also still going to the playoffs.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

ml wave wrote:
That hit wasn't against any rules as Kamara had caught the ball and ran and therefore wasn't defenseless.
Pretty sure spearing a player on the side of his head is against the rules.
SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

PeteRasche wrote:
The Bengals /Steelers game wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. There were two bad hits in the game (Schuster and Iloka). Schuster wasn't suspended for the hit so much as for the taunting and lack of caring (kind of proving he wanted to hurt him). Golden Tate did the exact same thing a few years ago (minus the taunting) and got nothing. The Iloka hit was a suspension but reversed. Now there were other hard hits on the game but were all pretty much legal. The hit by Shazier was his own fault. He clearly lead and launched with his helmet. He was trying to make a big hit and did it wrong. Unfortunately he is the one paying for it. It wasn't a dirty hit by a Bengal that injured him, it was a dirty hit by him.

Now, don't get me started on the poor officiating in that game. It sounds like the NO/Atlanta game was just as bad.
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Man in Green wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Pretty sure spearing a player on the side of his head is against the rules.
I think technically, mlw is right, althought that is the problem, the interpretation varies too much. I would not call that a penalty, but Rankins roughing the passer on Ryan that allowed them to score their first TD was an absolute joke. If you're going to call that, then the Kamara hit should have been as well. That being said, Brees has had more than his share of "soft" calls over the years too.
Bring home da Wave!
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

While the Saints can still win the NFL South, the Vikes have the ultimate mental advantage. If they do win the NFC advantage, they will also have the advantage of the SB bring played at their home field in Minny.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Fan Since '54 wrote:While the Saints can still win the NFL South, the Vikes have the ultimate mental advantage. If they do win the NFC advantage, they will also have the advantage of the SB bring played at their home field in Minny.

FS'54
Look, he's done well, I get it, but you'd put your money on Case Keenum taking his team to the SB? No way. There's still no one I'd trust among the NFC leaders right now more than #9 wearing black and gold. Hopefully, injuries won't derail a run.
Bring home da Wave!
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Great article on Alvin Kamara -- Alvin and New Orleans are a perfect fit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/03/alvin ... twitter_si
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Kamara named 2nd team All Pro. Cam Jordan 1st team All Pro.
Ingram doesn’t make All Pro so he cannot become a free agent this year.
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Man in Green wrote:Kamara named 2nd team All Pro. Cam Jordan 1st team All Pro.
Obviously good for the Saints Ingram didn't get, and hard to argue that Gurley didn't have the better overall season, EXCEPT, Gurley didn't have a Kamara taking 50% of the touches from him and equaling his overall output. And Ingram is a top notch pass blocker to boot.
Bring home da Wave!
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

doncecco wrote:
Man in Green wrote:Kamara named 2nd team All Pro. Cam Jordan 1st team All Pro.
Obviously good for the Saints Ingram didn't get, and hard to argue that Gurley didn't have the better overall season, EXCEPT, Gurley didn't have a Kamara taking 50% of the touches from him and equaling his overall output. And Ingram is a top notch pass blocker to boot.
It's kinda messed up that Bell was able to make the first and second teams. Takes a spot away from a guy like Ingram. A couple other guys made both teams too. You'd think the guys who were close who missed out on bonuses would have a complaint to their union rep.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone