Former UH coach Tom Herman spends $6M on Austin mansion

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Former UH coach Tom Herman spends $6M on Austin mansion

Post by GreenieBacker »

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/art ... 217773.php

this is what P-5 money can get you. The ability to throw crazy money at whoever you want.

The 10,000-square-foot mansion is part of a 75-acre gated community called Scenic View in the Westlake area of the capital city. The private neighborhood has a green belt and “spectacular views of downtown Austin.”
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Former UH coach Tom Herman spends $6M on Austin mansion

Post by long green »

He needs to get it in gear or he's gonna be a "motivated seller" in a few years.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I give him this year and one more to turn it around, if not he better start checking out Real Estate agents.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

his struggles are the fuel to my theory that Charlie Strong will run USF into the ground... Strong is winning now with Taggart's players.. in two years when most of those kids are gone, we'll see the real Charlie Strong
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Herman hasn't come out of the gate very fast but he was the clear Man on a White Horse for UT fans whereas Strong was a "settled for" choice. Herman will get more wiggle room.

I'm nowhere near making up my mind about Strong. He could fail but I think there's a real chance he finds his comfort level and has success at USF somewhat like the success Skip Holtz has had at La Tech.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/art ... 217773.php

this is what P-5 money can get you. The ability to throw crazy money at whoever you want.

The 10,000-square-foot mansion is part of a 75-acre gated community called Scenic View in the Westlake area of the capital city. The private neighborhood has a green belt and “spectacular views of downtown Austin.”
And there's nothing in the NCAA rules to prevent a coach from "having the guys up to my house for a BBQ" while a few prized recruits happen to be in town and tagging along. So having that kind of money and using it for a luxury, straight-out-of-a-rap-video mansion, becomes a de facto recruiting tool.