The SEC is a shell of its former self....

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: The SEC is a shell of its former self....

Unread post by ml wave »

MattK wrote:
long green wrote: They are only wrong because they should demand the head of the athletic director who inflicted this horror show on them. H
How did he agree to that much of a buyout? There's no way Orgeron was passing on the job. There's little chance that he'd leave for somewhere else if successful, and if that became a concern, then increase his salary and add a buyout. So, LSU agreed to an absurd severance package and that's it.
Read a good article on Yahoo about that yesterday.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Sorry, Bay, having once been in the position of the player being quoted, I can 100% guarantee you the quote was in response to a reporter sticking a mic or recorder in his face and asking, "what do you think about the fans calling for coach O to be fired?" The kid could be living under a rock and would have said the same thing.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:Sorry, Bay, having once been in the position of the player being quoted, I can 100% guarantee you the quote was in response to a reporter sticking a mic or recorder in his face and asking, "what do you think about the fans calling for coach O to be fired?" The kid could be living under a rock and would have said the same thing.
Yup...except I'd bet my house it was "Talk about..." because heaven forbid they have to come up with an actual question.