Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 am 
Emerald Circle

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/art ... 217773.php

this is what P-5 money can get you. The ability to throw crazy money at whoever you want.

The 10,000-square-foot mansion is part of a 75-acre gated community called Scenic View in the Westlake area of the capital city. The private neighborhood has a green belt and “spectacular views of downtown Austin.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:30 am 
Emerald Circle

He needs to get it in gear or he's gonna be a "motivated seller" in a few years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 am 
Emerald Circle

I give him this year and one more to turn it around, if not he better start checking out Real Estate agents.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 am 
Regent's Circle

his struggles are the fuel to my theory that Charlie Strong will run USF into the ground... Strong is winning now with Taggart's players.. in two years when most of those kids are gone, we'll see the real Charlie Strong

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 am 
Emerald Circle

Herman hasn't come out of the gate very fast but he was the clear Man on a White Horse for UT fans whereas Strong was a "settled for" choice. Herman will get more wiggle room.

I'm nowhere near making up my mind about Strong. He could fail but I think there's a real chance he finds his comfort level and has success at USF somewhat like the success Skip Holtz has had at La Tech.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 pm 
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:
http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Longhorns-Football-Coach-Tom-Herman-Spends-6M-on-12217773.php

this is what P-5 money can get you. The ability to throw crazy money at whoever you want.

The 10,000-square-foot mansion is part of a 75-acre gated community called Scenic View in the Westlake area of the capital city. The private neighborhood has a green belt and “spectacular views of downtown Austin.”

And there's nothing in the NCAA rules to prevent a coach from "having the guys up to my house for a BBQ" while a few prized recruits happen to be in town and tagging along. So having that kind of money and using it for a luxury, straight-out-of-a-rap-video mansion, becomes a de facto recruiting tool.