Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 5848
Location: Gretna, LA
Sad story, but glad he was able to get such a warm sendoff.

https://deadspin.com/bryan-bickell-retires-with-blackhawks-on-one-day-contra-1819201296


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7977
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Mic is dropped

Raise that banner!


Double digits on the Pens. Somebody's sure silent today.


Sorry I have been so silent today. I have been busy vacationing in Northwestern Wyoming.

The two things I have learned about being a hockey fan are: 1) A team wins the Cup in June. A team doesn't win the Cup in October. And yea, from what I heard last night (no TV for that one in Jackson) is that the Pens played as badly as they can play and the Hawks took advantage. Pens were also playing on an opponent's ice in their first game of the season after travelling to play a 2nd game in two days. No excuses however. The Hawks were the better team last night. Plus maybe they were determined to erase the memory of the last 4 games they played in '16-'17.

'54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 17815
Location: Chicago
Fan Since '54 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
Mic is dropped

Raise that banner!


Double digits on the Pens. Somebody's sure silent today.


Sorry I have been so silent today. I have been busy vacationing in Northwestern Wyoming.

The two things I have learned about being a hockey fan are: 1) A team wins the Cup in June. A team doesn't win the Cup in October. And yea, from what I heard last night (no TV for that one in Jackson) is that the Pens played as badly as they can play and the Hawks took advantage. Pens were also playing on an opponent's ice in their first game of the season after travelling to play a 2nd game in two days. No excuses however. The Hawks were the better team last night. Plus maybe they were determined to erase the memory of the last 4 games they played in '16-'17.

'54


The Hawks scored double digits last night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:15 pm
Posts: 6691
Location: Charlotte
windywave wrote:
The Hawks scored double digits last night.


it's funny.. go to ESPN and try to find the box score or recap for that game and it doesn't exist... it's as if ESPN doesn't want people to know it happened

_________________
Image
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 17815
Location: Chicago
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
The Hawks scored double digits last night.


it's funny.. go to ESPN and try to find the box score or recap for that game and it doesn't exist... it's as if ESPN doesn't want people to know it happened


It broke the scoreboard, that's why


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7977
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:
The Hawks scored double digits last night.


it's funny.. go to ESPN and try to find the box score or recap for that game and it doesn't exist... it's as if ESPN doesn't want people to know it happened


It broke the scoreboard, that's why


You might be right windy. At least the part of the scoreboard that Chicago is on. They have been outscored since that game. Their record is still pretty good though.

Fan since '54

aka

Big Easy Pens Fan

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7977
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
As the calendar has turned to December, a few things have changed in the landscape of the NHL. First the Vegas Golden Knights. A new franchise is not supposed to be one with a winning record at this point (about 30% through) in the schedule. Tell that to Vegas. Only time will tell if they maintain their pace through 82 games. The Bolts are probably the best team in the league as of this date. At least their record shows that. Several teams are not up to projected status. Pens, Habs and Oilers among those who are underperforming as of now. Others have looked to be improved over last year, Isles, Maple Leafs, and St Louis in that group. A long way to when playoff sports are finally sorted out in early April.

Big Easy Pens Fan
aka
Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tulaneoutlaw and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group