Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:26 am 
Emerald Circle

Riley out at Nebraska

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 pm 
Regent's Circle

OGSB wrote:
Riley out at Nebraska

T. Lee two teams two ex coaches.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm 
President's Circle

OGSB wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
They mentioned that Frost, the UCF HC, was next in line for the U. of Florida HC gig if Chip Kelly elected to take the UCLA job.

And Kelly is headed to California

UCLA?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
OGSB wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:
They mentioned that Frost, the UCF HC, was next in line for the U. of Florida HC gig if Chip Kelly elected to take the UCLA job.

And Kelly is headed to California

UCLA?

Yep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:13 pm 
Regent's Circle

Presume the clock is ticking on Sumlin. Aggies play a ho-hum game losing 45 - 21.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:08 am 
President's Circle

Right now, it is safe to say Frost is gone from UCF to a much bigger job--my guess would be Florida or Nebraska makes the most sense. UF has been quiet--I think they are the leader. This move would make the most sense, being that Frost has been recruiting the state for the better part of two years. If UCF wins the conference championship, they have a dark horse chance to make the playoff. If not, they will be in a NY Day bowl for sure. Frost's agent probably will have made a deal by then with one of the big schools. Nebraska would be in the mix for obvious sentimental reasons, but I believe he will be UF's next coach.

The Memphis coach--I'm grasping at his name--will be considered by a big school, too--perhaps Arky. That job is not a "plum," but Arky will throw money at whomever. Again, the fact that the Memphis coach has recruited the area and has a high-powered offense will be very enticing to Arkansas and makes sense. This deal may already be in the works. Fuentes built that program (actually Tommy West did, but Fuentes put it on a new level), but this guy improved the offense after losing a top-flight QB to the NFL.

The rest of the AAC will remain stable except for the possible departures of Montgomerys at ECU and Tulsa. MAYBE someone might lure SMU's coach after a 7-5 season, but I doubt it. That's my uninformed take, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:34 am 
Emerald Circle

When we played USF I was reading the Tampa newspaper sports section and I remember an article saying something along the lines of 'Sorry P5, it looks like Scott Frost wants to stay at UCF'. I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 am 
President's Circle

OGSB wrote:
When we played USF I was reading the Tampa newspaper sports section and I remember an article saying something along the lines of 'Sorry P5, it looks like Scott Frost wants to stay at UCF'. I guess we'll see.

$$$$$$$$

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 am 
Emerald Circle

Everybody wants to stay where they are, until they don't. Because of what roto wrote.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:17 am 
Emerald Circle

Frost could get away with staying an extra year because his QB is a sophomore. He won't stay but he could do it & thrive.

West didn't build that program, Deangelo Williams did. And Fuente had to take over after the two year Larry Porter disaster which came after West imploded. Norvell improved the offense in spite of the departure of Lynch because the replacement is better than Lynch.

Arizona State just fired Todd Graham. East Carolina should offer him the whole campus at once.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am 
Regent's Circle

long green wrote:
Frost could get away with staying an extra year because his QB is a sophomore. He won't stay but he could do it & thrive.

West didn't build that program, Deangelo Williams did. And Fuente had to take over after the two year Larry Porter disaster which came after West imploded. Norvell improved the offense in spite of the departure of Lynch because the replacement is better than Lynch.

Arizona State just fired Todd Graham. East Carolina should offer him the whole campus at once.

Rather have Graham in different conference. Never been a fan - he'll just move on in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:47 am 
Emerald Circle

ECU made a program-changing mistake with Montgomery; Graham is a chance to turn that around. More than that, he's loads better than all the East hires from from last year.

Ole Miss should think about Graham. No buyout, good record.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:12 pm 
President's Circle

Will anyone make a move to get Leach? I think there are a lot of guys that did great jobs this year that will get interviews if they want. To name a few schools - Iowa St, Wake Forest, Boston College, Purdue, Memphis, UCF, USF, SMU, UAB, North Texas, San Diego State, Arkansas State, and Troy. Will anyone make a huge play to wrestle Fitzgerald from Northwestern? Will Jimbo leave FSU? It is going to be very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:51 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:
Will anyone make a move to get Leach? I think there are a lot of guys that did great jobs this year that will get interviews if they want. To name a few schools - Iowa St, Wake Forest, Boston College, Purdue, Memphis, UCF, USF, SMU, UAB, North Texas, San Diego State, Arkansas State, and Troy. Will anyone make a huge play to wrestle Fitzgerald from Northwestern? Will Jimbo leave FSU? It is going to be very interesting.

Supposedly Tennessee is interested in Leach and he in them, but that's just talk. He says no but then they all do don't they?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

tjtlja wrote:

Fitz is never leaving Northwestern.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm 
President's Circle

I just got a notification from Yahoo sports that Tennessee is hiring Greg schiano

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm 
President's Circle

ESPN reporting sumlin out at aTm and Florida finalizing deal to hire Dan Mullen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 pm 
Regent's Circle

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
I just got a notification from Yahoo sports that Tennessee is hiring Greg schiano

Not so fast my friend. Big Orange is holding a fan revolt over it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:46 pm 
Emerald Circle

1309th WAVE wrote:

Kind of impressive how quickly they've rallied over the news

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 pm 
Emerald Circle

OGSB wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:

They are figjting dirty, bringing up Sandusky as a reason to not hire him

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:39 pm 
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:
OGSB wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:

They are figjting dirty, bringing up Sandusky as a reason to not hire him

And now reports coming out that they won't be hiring him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 pm 
President's Circle

When you think about it, it's really amazing that Schiano has not gotten another HC gig in D1. He did a great job with Rutgers. Went to the NFL and failed. Big deal, there's a long list of good college coaches that did that. Not sure his coaching talents would be good in the ultra-competitive SEC, but I still would think he could get a mid-level job at a ECU or something and succeed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 pm 
President's Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
When you think about it, it's really amazing that Schiano has not gotten another HC gig in D1. He did a great job with Rutgers. Went to the NFL and failed. Big deal, there's a long list of good college coaches that did that. Not sure his coaching talents would be good in the ultra-competitive SEC, but I still would think he could get a mid-level job at a ECU or something and succeed.

Penn st. That's his problem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
Emerald Circle

That's a fast moving story. Now being reported that Schiano wants compensation for Tennessee breaking their deal. I wonder how much of this is true?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 pm 
Regent's Circle

Ole Miss takes the interim tag off of Matt Luke...? Quite the Orgeroning. Wonder if they're going cheap because the impending NCAA firestorm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next