UAB

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

UAB

Post by tjtlja »

Isn't this there first year back as a program? Kicking USM's butt. I think they are on the cusp of being bowl eligible. Who is their coach and can we send our staff to see how they did it? Is it all transfers? Or is it "The Other Wilson" factor?
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Re: UAB

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

tjtlja wrote:Isn't this there first year back as a program? Kicking USM's butt. I think they are on the cusp of being bowl eligible. Who is their coach and can we send our staff to see how they did it? Is it all transfers? Or is it "The Other Wilson" factor?
Their*
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

krewe of ham and eggs wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Isn't this there first year back as a program? Kicking USM's butt. I think they are on the cusp of being bowl eligible. Who is their coach and can we send our staff to see how they did it? Is it all transfers? Or is it "The Other Wilson" factor?
Their*
Speaking of the "The Other Wilson" factor . . .
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

We play them next year btw

And their coach is the same one who had them bowl eligible right before termination. He turned down at least one job offer and he stuck around. #mensch
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Will we be an underdog?
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

tjtlja wrote:Will we be an underdog?
Highly doubt it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:
tjtlja wrote:Will we be an underdog?
Highly doubt it.
I'd say it depends on how this year ends. If we go 0-4 in the next four with everyone healthy (meaning the losses aren't attributed to injuries and all the involved players will still be in place next year, minus graduations), I wouldn't be surprised at all to see UAB favored over us next year.

But, that said, I don't think that will happen.