Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2097
Location: Baton Rouge
Just a reminder. UAB, one of our opponents next year is playing today at 11:30 AM for those who can watch from work. They have very few seniors so we should be seeing pretty much the same team next year as they will bring today.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 17888
Location: Philadelphia, PA & Berlin, MD
Poseidon wrote:
Just a reminder. UAB, one of our opponents next year is playing today at 11:30 AM for those who can watch from work. They have very few seniors so we should be seeing pretty much the same team next year as they will bring today.
Work? I don’t do no stinkin’ work!

_________________
A&S 1978


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2097
Location: Baton Rouge
Just turned it on...and I thought our gray unis were bad.

http://www.espn.com/watch/?id=3189720

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Posts: 2356
Poseidon wrote:
Just turned it on...and I thought our gray unis were bad.

http://www.espn.com/watch/?id=3189720


So it’s not just because I forgot my glasses this morning?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:35 am
Posts: 2326
Going into the 4th Ohio-41 UAB-6, oh well !!!!

_________________
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9590
Poseidon wrote:
Just a reminder. UAB, one of our opponents next year is playing today at 11:30 AM for those who can watch from work. They have very few seniors so we should be seeing pretty much the same team next year as they will bring today.

They seem beatable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 2097
Location: Baton Rouge
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
Just a reminder. UAB, one of our opponents next year is playing today at 11:30 AM for those who can watch from work. They have very few seniors so we should be seeing pretty much the same team next year as they will bring today.

They seem beatable.


Based on today's performance. That is stating it lightly.

_________________
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19760
Location: Cincinnati, OH
A few folks here have worked themselves into a lather all season because UAB won a couple of games in CUSA. I don't think they want to admit how bad CUSA was when we were the doormat, or that they've gotten much worse since. There were two teams in CUSA that would have given me a concern... Marshall, and the one that actually beat us (though I still think we'd win 7 out of 10 against them this year, we were just flat that night).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2272
Location: Greeneville, TN
PeteRasche wrote:
A few folks here have worked themselves into a lather all season because UAB won a couple of games in CUSA. I don't think they want to admit how bad CUSA was when we were the doormat, or that they've gotten much worse since. There were two teams in CUSA that would have given me a concern... Marshall, and the one that actually beat us (though I still think we'd win 7 out of 10 against them this year, we were just flat that night).


I would be far more worried about FAU than Marshall. UAB can be beaten if you contain their very good RB Spencer Brown. It helps if you get the lead early and make them try and beat you through the air. I imagine the same will be true next year. If we don't contain him though, we will very likely lose. Hopefully the FIU game this year will keep us from being flat next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19760
Location: Cincinnati, OH
I will be very disappointed if we don't score 50+ against UAB. And they aren't scoring even 30 against us. But that's another discussion for next September.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
USF seems to have gotten hold of our first half of the season playbook

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
OGSB wrote:
USF seems to have gotten hold of our first half of the season playbook


And now it looks like they scored a TD but was ruled down short of the goal with no clear camera angle to either overturn or confirm so the call stands. Then they can’t get in from there on 4th down.

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:54 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
Fortunately for them, that wasn’t the end of the game. They score 3 more TDs after, including one with :16 left to win 38-34.

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5617
Location: Omnipresent
This time of possession margin for Army is filthy, y'all. 33 minutes and we're not even to the 4th quarter.

_________________
Banks was in.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
1309th WAVE wrote:
This time of possession margin for Army is filthy, y'all. 33 minutes and we're not even to the 4th quarter.


Similar to our game with them. And just like our game they’re giving up big plays and not finishing drives so still trail.

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
Army scores with :18 left, goes for 2 and gets it! 36-35

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
Army scores on desperation SDSU play, wins 42-35

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
How many times has Tulane beaten a (eventual) 10 win opponent?

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19760
Location: Cincinnati, OH
OGSB wrote:
Fortunately for them, that wasn’t the end of the game. They score 3 more TDs after, including one with :16 left to win 38-34.

I missed the game but just looked at the recap on my score app... Interesting thing that jumped out at me, the teams literally alternated scoring the whole game. Twelve total scores in the game and neither team scored twice in a row without the other team answering first.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
PeteRasche wrote:
OGSB wrote:
Fortunately for them, that wasn’t the end of the game. They score 3 more TDs after, including one with :16 left to win 38-34.

I missed the game but just looked at the recap on my score app... Interesting thing that jumped out at me, the teams literally alternated scoring the whole game. Twelve total scores in the game and neither team scored twice in a row without the other team answering first.


When I turned it on it looked like TT was about to go up 17-3, but they threw an int in the end zone.

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 5617
Location: Omnipresent
OGSB wrote:
How many times has Tulane beaten a (eventual) 10 win opponent?

ECU went 10-3 in 2013 (whatever winning double digits in CUSA is worth)

_________________
Banks was in.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:18 am
Posts: 1427
FSU vs. USM reminds me how glad I am we got out of CUSA. An 8-4 USM team is being crushed by an FSU team that had to beat ULM in a make-up game to be bowl eligible at 6-6, lost its coach, is being coached by remnants of the staff, and has several of its best players sitting out. The talent difference between the worst FSU team in decades and USM is just tremendously noticeable for anyone who has ever watched a football game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13169
Tuned in to the Liberty Bowl, Tommy Tuberville is the color guy. I didn’t know he was in broadcasting now.

_________________
Just waiting for something to happen.
And Banks was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19815
Location: New Orleans
I can’t stand that SEC homer. He’s a terrible color guy.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:53 am
Posts: 19815
Location: New Orleans
A very dubious roughing the QB penalty helps give the victory to Iowa St.

_________________
After a while, the residents of the sea do not hear the sound of the waves.
How bitter it is, the story of routine- Arabic (Anon)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group