2017-2018 Bowl season

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: 2017-2018 Bowl season

Post by sr »

Looks like there could be another QB looking to transfer ..... maybe a cornerback too. Hurts reminds me of Newton, no emotion almost like he's entitled. But he's sitting now. Freshman QB in.

Bama's just falling apart. Loose to Auburn and then Georgia. My Grandfather is screaming from six feet down. Bama scores.
3:44 to go all tied at 20. Georgia to kick - 3:06 left. Bama takes over on their 35 - 2:55 to go. Bama at GA's 19. 49 seconds left. Bama chokes - missed FG.

Overtime........
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

That's a cheap shot at Hurts who had to be shocked at the time but who recovered his dignity quickly and was a visible support to his replacement.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

blaming the refs is a loser's lament, but apparently this morning there is a lengthy highlight video of all of the blown calls that went Bama's way... without seeing the tape, I can point out two that changed the tenor of the game:

offsides on blocked punt that wasn't offsides (and the subsequent missed false starts on that same play)... had that block punt been allowed to stand (ie not call the offsides incorrectly but still miss the false start), UGA has the ball in the red zone, and is up 16-0 at worst, with Saban most likely bringing Hurts back in.

missed blatant face mask on Sony Michel 4 plays later... gives Georgia the ball near midfield and three more downs.. instead, it forces UGA to punt, and Bama gets good field position (as opposed to Georgia being able to pin them inside their 10 with a kick 15 yards further down field should the drive have still eventually stalled) and scores their first TD in four or five plays

I didn't see it.. but apparently there was a false start on an Alabama WR on their late TD.. not called.

Georgia had many opportunities to stomp on Bama's necks and allowing them to hang around cost them the game.. but they were playing against more than the Crimson Tide.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Heh. ESPN this morning did one of those slow motion reels intended to highlight Alabama's current dominance but when they went to show a real Crimson Tide they showed a Green Wave instead.
Victory is never permanent