Jerry Richardson

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Jerry Richardson

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

Hasn't come out yet, but it's clear he is suffering from dementia.

Stories of sexual advances toward employees .. Asking for foot rubs, .firing Dave gettleman and bringing back the guy who ruined the team.... Now he's dumping the team.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Re: Jerry Richardson

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Johnny Mac wrote:Hasn't come out yet, but it's clear he is suffering from dementia.

Stories of sexual advances toward employees .. Asking for foot rubs, .firing Dave gettleman and bringing back the guy who ruined the team.... Now he's dumping the team.
It's a shame. I did a lot of business with Richardson's company in the 80's & 90's and I have (had?) a high regard for him. A self-made man through hard work and always treated his employees well. As far as I could tell, he was a good manager of people. I'm surprised his son isn't taking over. It must be a money thing. Bad timing to sell an NFL franchise in today's climate, but the Richardson family will probably walk away with $1B.
Plan your work, work your plan.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

Rotorooter wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:Hasn't come out yet, but it's clear he is suffering from dementia.

It's a shame. I did a lot of business with Richardson's company in the 80's & 90's and I have (had?) a high regard for him. A self-made man through hard work and always treated his employees well. As far as I could tell, he was a good manager of people. I'm surprised his son isn't taking over. It must be a money thing. Bad timing to sell an NFL franchise in today's climate, but the Richardson family will probably walk away with $1B.
I think it's more of a "sexual harassment investigation will go away" thing
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Rotorooter wrote:

Remember, both sons quit working for the old man... My guess is the acrimony is worse than that of the benson family.

Your account of the man from years past I feel bolsters my dementia theory.
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

Rotorooter wrote:

The demise of the NFL is greatly exaggerated. All television viewership is down not just the NFL. I don't believe it is an NFL issue as much as a societal thing. While it something they need to address, they are still raking in the dough. Streaming video rights with Amazon and Verizon are going to bring in a fortune and the television contracts are still great.

As you mention they will walk away with over $1B probably closer to $2B.

Not too shabby.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

Rotorooter wrote:

Unless you're black and/or a woman, I guess.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

ml wave wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

Unless you're black and/or a woman, I guess.
Depends on your definition of poor treatment of women.. The guy OFFERED to shave their legs for them...I think that's pretty generous.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised that OJ Simpson has not used the CTE as a reason for all of his "behavior," not necessarily admitting any specific activity other than saying "whatever I did was not my fault, it was the brain damage; as such, I don't even remember what I did!"
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?