NFL Playoffs 2018

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: NFL Playoffs 2018

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:and TUPF 's point was that Reid may be a very good coach but his teams plateau and he has yet to prove he can win the big one. Seems like his point remains as well.
Ok, but I wasn't the one coming on here two hours after the game bringing it up.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

To the Victor Belong the Spoils :-)
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:How many times have you seen the underdog play it safe and sure and get beat?
All of them?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:To the Victor Belong the Spoils :-)
Sure, he can take a victory lap here if he wants...gotta be better than eating horse doody. Doesn't really have anything to do with the original conversation though.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

ESPN2 is live broadcasting the parade.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Bigly crowd.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
doncecco wrote:Andy Reid seems to become a mannequin in these games - I don't know how he keeps a job.
Philly fans have a tough reputation, yes, but people should understand this is exactly why he was let go despite a winning record. He’s an NFL football coach you want in September, not January. He charts everything and I mean everything. But once he’s off script or an opposing coach throws wrinkles at him, he freezes. By the time playoffs roll around, other teams are playing chess and the Big Cheeseburger is playing checkers.
He's obviously got his faults, but he's a really good coach. Remind me how much success the Eagles have had since letting him go?
Well they are the 1 seed in the NFC currently
Thanks.

It’s all about what an ownership and a fan base wants. Andy Reid is Mr. October for the wrong sport.
If an ownership wants 10 wins a season after starting 6-0 or 6-1, the Big Cheeseburger is your man. Nobody works harder. He’s the student who spends every weekend in Tilton Library and earns every B he gets but no matter what, he’ll never be Phi Beta Kappa.
You were saying?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
doncecco wrote:Andy Reid seems to become a mannequin in these games - I don't know how he keeps a job.
Philly fans have a tough reputation, yes, but people should understand this is exactly why he was let go despite a winning record. He’s an NFL football coach you want in September, not January. He charts everything and I mean everything. But once he’s off script or an opposing coach throws wrinkles at him, he freezes. By the time playoffs roll around, other teams are playing chess and the Big Cheeseburger is playing checkers.
He's obviously got his faults, but he's a really good coach. Remind me how much success the Eagles have had since letting him go?
Thanks.

It’s all about what an ownership and a fan base wants. Andy Reid is Mr. October for the wrong sport.
If an ownership wants 10 wins a season after starting 6-0 or 6-1, the Big Cheeseburger is your man. Nobody works harder. He’s the student who spends every weekend in Tilton Library and earns every B he gets but no matter what, he’ll never be Phi Beta Kappa.
You were saying?
I knew you’d be back. :lol: I was the first to congratulate him on the KC thread.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Thanks.

You were saying?
Pulling a quote from a year ago to call someone on something. In your own words, "on brand".
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Thanks.

You were saying?
Pulling a quote from a year ago to call someone on something. In your own words, "on brand".
Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent. Sorry about the time elapsed there, if Dee Ford wouldn't have been offsides it would have been a year earlier.