Georgetown to ban cellphones for ‘actual reality’ promo

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Georgetown to ban cellphones for ‘actual reality’ promo

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
randymc
President's Circle

Re: Georgetown to ban cellphones for ‘actual reality’ promo

Post by randymc »

great idea
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

randymc wrote:great idea
...but will it work? It will be interesting to see how many students are in that section... though I admittedly have no idea how their student attendance is on other nights anyway.

Personally, I'm envisioning the stat sheets that get handed out at halftime turning into paper airplanes (if millennials know how to make those?) and finding their way to the court. And I can't imagine the names getting written on the "Hi, my name is" nametags will be TV-friendly. :lol: :lol:
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

Georgetown had a Conroyworthy OOC schedule, too. Of course they'd have to do something like this to drum up interest.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

At least someone is trying. Without trying to sound too much like the older guy that I am, I think Millenials really do have a social problem through really no fault of there own. It’s the downside of technology.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

This is awesome.

And Pete's paper airplane comment reminded me of the only time I ever went to an NBA game. It was a preseason game in Cincinnati in the 90s between the Jazz and somebody. The handout that night was a red piece of paper to turn into a paper airplane. You put your name and contact details on it. At halftime there was a 3 minute window, and a bullseye at midcourt. Whichever plane got the closest won 10,000. My mother (oddly) firing out of hte middle deck, was the closest until the last 30 seconds, when two planes from the upper deck swooshed in and beat her.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

TUPF wrote:At least someone is trying. Without trying to sound too much like the older guy that I am, I think Millenials really do have a social problem through really no fault of there own. It’s the downside of technology.
Absolutely TUPF. I call it the "look at me" generation. They've all got cell phones, and an extremely small percentage (I'll bet) are there to view and enjoy the game for what it is. They will "check-in" to let everyone know where they are. Cell phone addiction is the most common form of addiction today. And it DOES cause deaths (texting while driving). Sorry. Pet Peeve of mine.

FS'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"